Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford should have done this.

Blackssr

Reactions
The included wireless charging pad is not only hard to get to it is bit too small for the larger phones with a case on them. This is my solution.

Amazon.com: Car Charging 15W Wireless Charger pad Fast QI auto Wireless Charger pad Compatible iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 Mini/12 Pro Max/Se and All Qi Enabled Phones: Electronics

I simply cut the wire and drilled a 1/8" hole way in the back of the area where the door is attached and then soldered and reconnected. Plugged in Lighter plug and how have a 12 watt wireless charger. I just toss the Note 10 on the rubber cradle and off I go. Resized_20210108_215204.jpeg

Reactions
Yeah, I have to take my iPhone pro max out of the case to fit it on the built-in charging pad on the center console. If it wasn’t a lease, I would try to shave some plastic off to fit the phone. LOL

Reactions
Not only is it too small but it doesn't work very well at least not mine. The phone barely charges idk if it's just my pad or an issue with all Ford charging pads. I usually just plug into the USB port to charge lol.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Not only is it too small but it doesn't work very well at least not mine. The phone barely charges idk if it's just my pad or an issue with all Ford charging pads. I usually just plug into the USB port to charge lol.
mine barely charges too. Like a placebo charger

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
mine barely charges too. Like a placebo charger
It’s probably like a 5 watt charger. Barely good for anything. Definitely not worth a damn for actually charging your phone quickly. No wireless charger is for that matter.

Usually if I need a charge in a car, I need it fast. So I just always plug in.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray

RTM

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The included wireless charging pad is not only hard to get to it is bit too small for the larger phones with a case on them. This is my solution.

Amazon.com: Car Charging 15W Wireless Charger pad Fast QI auto Wireless Charger pad Compatible iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 Mini/12 Pro Max/Se and All Qi Enabled Phones: Electronics

I simply cut the wire and drilled a 1/8" hole way in the back of the area where the door is attached and then soldered and reconnected. Plugged in Lighter plug and how have a 12 watt wireless charger. I just toss the Note 10 on the rubber cradle and off I go. View attachment 3427
Very nice. How did you get the cup holder to glow? Thanks.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Very nice. How did you get the cup holder to glow? Thanks.
They removed that feature from all fords starting 2022.

RTM

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

I simply cut the wire and drilled a 1/8" hole way in the back of the area where the door is attached and then soldered and reconnected. Plugged in Lighter plug and how have a 12 watt wireless charger. I just toss the Note 10 on the rubber cradle and off I go. View attachment 3427
Something else about this picture is the temperature showing 76 deg in led. Mine(22 ST) only ahows the temp at the top of the touch screen. I prefer the look of it this way.

Ryan1024

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Any pics of where you installed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think everyone has been installing them into the little cubby storage area where the usb ports are.

Ryan1024

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I think everyone has been installing them into the little cubby storage area where the usb ports are.
Thanks. After I sent this I realized where it went from reading reviews.

Some reviews say it shuts off after 15 minutes. Does that happen to anyone here?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Thanks. After I sent this I realized where it went from reading reviews.

Some reviews say it shuts off after 15 minutes. Does that happen to anyone here?

I haven't experienced this, but our driving is mostly around town running errands. I'll have to keep an eye on it during our next road trip.