Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wireless CarPlay

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
i know Carlinkit 2.0 and Carlinkit mini (3.0?) did not pass track info to the car correctly

corbin98

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Do you have any issues with the correct song being displayed? I had one of those (not the 3.0) and it would always display the wrong track info.
Sometimes, not often. When it happens it is only in the instrument panel, but what is displayed in the CarPlay area of the tablet is always correct.

Reactions
Carlinkit is still broken with track info.
I do have this one that I am currently using and works flawlessly and functions the same as the kavmin one I posted earlier. I also figured out how to update the kavmin device I recommended earlier in the thread here.

you need to connect to it directly through Wi-Fi while it is connected to a power adapter only (no data connection). Use a usb charger, connect to the kavmin or this one below by selecting the Wi-Fi network on your phone (password is 88888888 or 12345678) go to 192.168.2.1 and run the update and it will actually install!

AutoSky Wireless CarPlay Adapter for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars - with One USB to Type C and One USB to USB Cable - Wireless Carplay Adapter - iOS 10 and up, Wired CarPlay Required https://a.co/d/2hEpHg6

Reactions
AutoSky Wireless CarPlay Adapter for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars - with One USB to Type C and One USB to USB Cable - Wireless Carplay Adapter - iOS 10 and up, Wired CarPlay Required https://a.co/d/2hEpHg6
cool I'll check that one out

Reactions
CARabc 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars Model Year After 2014, Wireless CarPlay Dongle Convert Wired to Wireless CarPlay, Plug & Play, WiFi Auto-Connect, Online Update https://a.co/d/d0pBNaz

This is the same as kavmin earlier as well

Reactions
cool I'll check that one out
if you want the most advanced style that works for our car with the latest firmware I worked with the developer to get working there are these two options as well. They actually have an android system which supports wireless CarPlay and wireless android auto and passes track info properly.

also you can rename the product so it shows up on your screen as whatever you would like it to show as

YISRAEL CarPlay Ai Box Android 11.0 2+8G Android Auto Car Multimedia Plug Box with Control https://a.co/d/0X3U6aW

Genericed 3 in 1 Carplay Android Auto USB Mrrorlink 11 System Car Multimedia Ai Box for -, Black (500265243) https://a.co/d/6qJQQWs

Reactions
if you want the most advanced style that works for our car with the latest firmware I worked with the developer to get working there are these two options as well. They actually have an android system which supports wireless CarPlay and wireless android auto and passes track info properly.

also you can rename the product so it shows up on your screen as whatever you would like it to show as

YISRAEL CarPlay Ai Box Android 11.0 2+8G Android Auto Car Multimedia Plug Box with Control https://a.co/d/0X3U6aW

Genericed 3 in 1 Carplay Android Auto USB Mrrorlink 11 System Car Multimedia Ai Box for -, Black (500265243) https://a.co/d/6qJQQWs
the update that works for these must be loaded by USB copy these 4 files over to a FAT formatted usb stick and insert once the unit is booted and it will start the update process

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mFb28HAr376iGA407euiLZz1_5fMS6Zc?usp=sharing

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Do you have any issues with the correct song being displayed? I had one of those (not the 3.0) and it would always display the wrong track info.
I had the 3.0 and 4.0. Both didn’t display the songs correctly.
My awesafe has been working great for months now. No issues. Highly recommend. Songs display perfectly each time.

Reactions
My awesafe has been working great for months now. No issues. Highly recommend. Songs display perfectly each time.
Yea I don’t recommend the carlinkit 1.0 - 4.0 I’ve had them all and they still haven’t fixed the song info issue. I just opened another ticket with them anyway since I have many of those sitting around collecting dust.

awesafe, kavimn( Carabc, autosky are the same as it) work fine

Reactions
Which awesafe do you have?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just got an iPhone 14 Pro Max that has iOS 16 which is now updated to 16.0.3. Have tried the KAVIMN and CARLINKIT Mini and both will not connect. If I scrap all profiles and start from scratch, it'll connect the first time but thereafter it will won't. Is this my new phone or something with iOS 16? Anyone else have this issue. I've been using wired CarPlay for the time being and have tried a bunch of tips for CarPlay connection issues but nothing has worked.

Reactions
Just got an iPhone 14 Pro Max that has iOS 16 which is now updated to 16.0.3. Have tried the KAVIMN and CARLINKIT Mini and both will not connect. If I scrap all profiles and start from scratch, it'll connect the first time but thereafter it will won't. Is this my new phone or something with iOS 16? Anyone else have this issue. I've been using wired CarPlay for the time being and have tried a bunch of tips for CarPlay connection issues but nothing has worked.
I’m on my iPhone 13 on 6.0.3 and not having issues.

my wife did have any issue today with her iPhone 13 and the kavmin box, she reconnected to Bluetooth and it worked but I’m not sure if it will work tomorrow. Ill come back here if she has to forget and connect to the Bluetooth again. If not assume everything worked ok.

what version are you on for each box?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I am pretty sure I am on the latest firmware for both units. Maybe just an isolated 14 Pro Max problem. It'll connect to the Carplay Dongle wifi, it just won't activate the carplay. My work phone is an 11 Pro Max on iOS 15.6.2 and it connected fine.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
No issues on my 14 pro with 16.0.3 and wireless CarPlay. Currently using the awesafe adapter.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just to follow up on my iphone 14 Pro Max and iOS 16.0.3., I was trying my old Carlinkit 2.0 with older firmware and it connects consistently. I updated to newer firmware and past the 1/2022 firmware, it won't connect. Not sure if this is an isolated issue with the 14 Pro Max but I've checked all the settings on it and everything seems proper. At least I have wireless Carplay back but I sure wish I could get my KAVIMN working to get the audio tracks back.

Update: Carplaybox (KAVIMN) firmware 3.7.1 works with my 14 Pro Max. The 3.7.2 and older firmwares don't.

Last edited:

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just to follow up on my iphone 14 Pro Max and iOS 16.0.3., I was trying my old Carlinkit 2.0 with older firmware and it connects consistently. I updated to newer firmware and past the 1/2022 firmware, it won't connect. Not sure if this is an isolated issue with the 14 Pro Max but I've checked all the settings on it and everything seems proper. At least I have wireless Carplay back but I sure wish I could get my KAVIMN working to get the audio tracks back.
Just curious, have you done the recent sync 3 update?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just curious, have you done the recent sync 3 update?
yes. 22200 with factory reset. Had it when my wireless carplay was working with my 11 Pro Max

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
yes. 22200 with factory reset. Had it when my wireless carplay was working with my 11 Pro Max
Oh okay. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a new sync update bug. I just downloaded mine to usb and waiting to make sure no obvious bugs. Frankly im debating if it’s even worth doing and should I just wait until sync does it over wifi. I’m just usually a stickler on updating all my tech.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm the same way. Sometimes i get burned. My Carlinkit 3.0 Mini bricked updating firmware as i was troubleshooting this problem.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm the same way. Sometimes i get burned. My Carlinkit 3.0 Mini bricked updating firmware as i was troubleshooting this problem.
Okay that’s the one type of device I don’t update lol if they work as is I just leave it. I know theee devices are very finicky. Honestly I’m surprised there hasn’t been a more name brand adapter yet. Similar to how Motorola made one for AA.