Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Window close issues

Reactions
I'm having some intermittent issues with my passenger front window. When I close it, it hits the top, and then automatically goes back down all the way.

My initial thought was that it was not in the track. But that shouldn't cause it to go back down all the way.

What could be triggering it to go fully down? It's aa if the auto down function is triggered at the top.

OP
jwuonog
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Reactions
This stopped working for me... Took to the dealer who said they had to "update the modules".

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Reactions
That was it! Thanks! I feel dumb for not finding that in my search.

I wonder what caused it to suddenly need a reset when it functioned properly for several months.
Same thing that causes any of the other known electronic glitches on these cars…gremlins lol.

Copper2020

U.S. Navy Veteran
Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Same issue when I bought mine. Press and hold the open window switch for 5 seconds after it’s fully closed. Open. Now it should work. I’ve had that happen once since, I reset it driving down the road.