Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Auto up windows not going up to close always.

Reactions
I have a 2020 ST sometimes the front windows occasionally will bounce back down after going up. I have to keep resetting them by holding the toggle switch up for three seconds after the window reaches the top. Seems like a software glitch. Any ideas?

l1tech

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
Your not following the reset procedure correctly. Here it is directly from the Ford manual

1. Start the engine.
  1. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window is fully open.
  1. Release the window control switch.
  1. NOTE: All of the remaining steps must be carried out within 30 seconds from start to finish.
    Lift and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds.
  1. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully open position for 2 seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds.
  1. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch down and one-touch up features.

OP
ST Grey
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I appreciate the reply, will give it a try, thanks.

Reactions
This is great, thanks!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Explorer ST Posts