Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wind buffeting sound

Reactions
Anyone have a wind turbulence buffeting sound like you get with a single window open but when all windows are up? I have been getting it periodically. Might have to tell the gf that the fix is just put louder exhaust on to cover it. We all know that if you have louder exhaust, you need to throw a tune on there (and maybe an intercooler)... to remove the fake engine noise... yeah. thats it. ;)

Reactions
Nope. Pretty quiet. Is it speed related? Any of that effect at a standstill? I recall someone having that issue related to malfunction of the subwoofer.

Reactions
I don’t remember. I’ll pay attention to what’s happening when it occurs. My gf said she didn’t hear it when I told her about it in the car.

Stradt03

Reactions
I've had that in my last 3 cars. If you don't know what it is, you haven't experienced it yet. It literally sounds like your head is inside of a drum with rapid pressure changes. It is completely bizarre. Funny thing is that I don't ever remember having that buffeting issue when I was a kid in my parent's cars.