Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Why we didn't buy an Explorer ST, and other various thoughts

Reactions
And my comment stands. As I posted, C&D tested both vehicles and one thing I've learned through research is never try to use test results from different sources if you can stay with one testing source. You're not doing that, so no, not a driver's race....

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a32018270/how-we-test-cars/
You're not wrong, you just used the wrong trim. That's like using a Platinums performance numbers for the ST. Weight and suspension play a big role in both aviators....

MT tested the Aviator and ST as well.... ST had similar numbers vs C&D's, the Reserve on the other hand were much different vs Black Label, see something wrong?

You compared a HEAVIER Aviator trim that's also 20+k, far from what I posted. Simple analysis, C&D tested an SUV that weights more vs the lighter cheaper vehicle that MT tested that's closer to the ST and the one I was referring

Last edited: