Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports high flow catted downpipes

SR56

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
When will these start shipping?

Reactions
I'm starting to get nervous. I ordered in December and they're no longer responding to my requests for info on shipping dates.

SR56

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I'm starting to get nervous. I ordered in December and they're no longer responding to my requests for info on shipping dates.
December order here, too. I've been told next week, soon, a few more days, etc. Just give me a realistic idea so I can make a decision on whether to go another route. I didn't even start bugging them about delivery time until February but now we're almost in April.

Reactions
December order here, too. I've been told next week, soon, a few more days, etc. Just give me a realistic idea so I can make a decision on whether to go another route. I didn't even start bugging them about delivery time until February but now we're almost in April.
I've never had issues before ordering from them and I know they need to be manufactured so I'm willing to be patient. That being said I agree with you on the first part. I keep hearing the same things and that makes me nervous.

OP
ron@whooshmotorsports
Reactions
Thread Starter #65
no issues or worries gentlemen !
experienced some transportation delays but we're on track to receive our pallets of pipes before the end of this month ETA 5-7 days

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
They aren't available yet. I've been testing a set. Soon though, so keep your eyes open.
Any exhaust sound clips? I have the stainless MBRP and almost same upgrades as you. Did you install them yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Any exhaust sound clips? I have the stainless MBRP and almost same upgrades as you. Did you install them yourself?

Check out the link to my youtube page below. It's the best I've got. I had a local muffler shop install the downpipes for me. It was worth the $300 for me to not have to fool with it.

SR56

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Check out the link to my youtube page below. It's the best I've got. I had a local muffler shop install the downpipes for me. It was worth the $300 for me to not have to fool with it.

I'm not looking for much added sound, but curious what your opinion was once they were installed? I'm sticking with stock exhaust for a while other than the DPs. Seems nice and tame to me. Any added drone effect?

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions

Sounds smooth. Is the in cabin drone more pronounced?

Reactions
Got these installed and picked it up this morning. Immediately get a CEL on the way home. Says its a problem with the catalytic converter.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

OP
ron@whooshmotorsports
Reactions
Thread Starter #71
Got these installed and picked it up this morning. Immediately get a CEL on the way home. Says its a problem with the catalytic converter.

Anyone else have a similar issue?
2 potential causes : the shop damaged the 02 sensors during installation which happens more often than "installers" want to admit
or the "installer" didn't add the supplied spacers to the rear sensors

Reactions
2 potential causes : the shop damaged the 02 sensors during installation which happens more often than "installers" want to admit
If they didn't install the spacers how much to get a second set? Or how much to get replacement O2 sensors?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If they didn't install the spacers how much to get a second set? Or how much to get replacement O2 sensors?
If I'm not mistaken, those are two different codes for cat insufficiency and O2 sensor failure.

Reactions
It's definitely something with the CAT's but the code itself (which I only checked through the Ford app) doesn't specify. Just "a problem with the catalytic converter".

OP
ron@whooshmotorsports
Reactions
Thread Starter #75
It's definitely something with the CAT's but the code itself (which I only checked through the Ford app) doesn't specify. Just "a problem with the catalytic converter".

Reactions
Yeah you said that before but if they ditched the necessary parts do you sell them?

Grand_Biz

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST 4WD
Any other updates on these? Is everyone running them happy? @Love Tractor did the CEL get sorted?

Reactions
Any other updates on these? Is everyone running them happy? @Love Tractor did the CEL get sorted?
Had to put the defoulers in. Not sure if it will pass emissions, I'm going by tomorrow to take the plunge. Hopefully I don't have to take these things out to get the car registered legally.

Fast as shit though.

Last edited:
Reactions
OK it passed. I think I've pretty much bolted everything onto this car that I can (except new turbos). Time to send off the last data log to ZFG and see what it does.