Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports high flow catted downpipes

BlackBetty

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST Agate black
Curiously waiting for test result and release time frame.

Reactions
Curiously waiting for test result and release time frame.
I have a follow up dyno scheduled for tomorrow and Ron will follow up with the results of the dyno whenever he is ready. Should be very, very soon.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Nice. Do you know if they are a 2.5” or a 3” diameter?

Reactions
~Update~

I had my ST dyno'd today and the dyno before the Whoosh Motorsports downpipes I maxed 458awhp to the wheels.

After the downpipes were installed, I maxed 482awhp today. Max gain of 24awhp!!!!

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Cool! Show us the dyno sheets.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
~Update~

I had my ST dyno'd today and the dyno before the Whoosh Motorsports downpipes I maxed 458awhp to the wheels.

After the downpipes were installed, I maxed 482awhp today. Max gain of 24awhp!!!!
solid numbers, what mods

Reactions
solid numbers, what mods
ZFG E50 Tune, Whipple Intercooler, Fenfab Cold Side Charge Pipe, Turbosmart BOV, MBRP Catback System, Whoosh Motorsports Downpipes, AFE Power CAI are the performance mods. The rest is cosmetic.

Deric365

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer St
I didn't see these on the site.

Deric365

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer St
They aren't available yet. I've been testing a set. Soon though, so keep your eyes open.
Are they designed to work with the stock mid pipes? Asking because of the reducers at the end of the pipes.
I liked the idea of having the option of removing the reducers like spd's (I believe they were spd) Would be a nice touch. Will whoosh also be fabbing mid pipes?

Reactions
Are they designed to work with the stock mid pipes? Asking because of the reducers at the end of the pipes.
I liked the idea of having the option of removing the reducers like spd's (I believe they were spd) Would be a nice touch. Will whoosh also be fabbing mid pipes?
The current design works with stock mid pipes, as well as Lethal Performance mid pipes (which I have).

I am not sure if Whoosh intends to produce and sell their own branded mid pipes.

Deric365

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer St
I like the idea of staying 3" all the way without reducers. Just a thought.

Deric365

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer St
Why not?
Why go the trouble of fabbing a 3" downpipe to bottle neck at the end of it?
Maybe it's plenty of flow with that reducer, or even 2.5". Just my .2 cents.

Downpipe looks great btw, welds look clean.

butt_yodel

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Wow - great to see real performance metrics from before/after downpipes. I want some to complement my 3" Thermal, but they look like too much of a PITA to worry about right now.

Reactions
Vehicle
N/A
Those are some significant gains, but what was the temp & humidity like between those two runs? The initial pulls were done on July 25 and the DP pulls were done on September 14. I'd imagine it would be cooler during mid-Sept than during the dog days of summer.

Obviously, it would still gain, but with a back-to-back dyno post install, I think you might see less of a gain. The stock design of the downpipes are pretty terrible though, so it's not surprising that there's a good amount to be gained by doing this mod.

Reactions
Those are some significant gains, but what was the temp & humidity like between those two runs? The initial pulls were done on July 25 and the DP pulls were done on September 14. I'd imagine it would be cooler during mid-Sept than during the dog days of summer.

Obviously, it would still gain, but with a back-to-back dyno post install, I think you might see less of a gain. The stock design of the downpipes are pretty terrible though, so it's not surprising that there's a good amount to be gained by doing this mod.
I live in South Carolina, where the weather is very humid and hot, well into late September. For both of these dyno days, temp was in the 90s, and very humid.

I hope this helps.