Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

White paint colour

Decker90

Reactions
Who has the Star White paint colour. I noticed the last time I washed it that it has little orange spots all over the vehicle. Is that normal?
I post a picture later today to show what I am referring too.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s rail dust...embedded iron. Order a bottle of IronX off eBay...that’ll dissolve it then clay bar the truck and wax it...that’ll take care of it. You’ll pick it up while driving as well...it comes from brake pads and other places. I IronX my trucks about every 6 months to keep it gone.

OP
Decker90

Decker90

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Ok I give that a try but it was all over the vehicle after I picked it up at the dealership when I purchased it. But yeah I give that IronX a try. Thanks

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
They get covered in it during shipping. They do a lot of shipping by rail...that’s why it’s called rail dust.

OP
Decker90

Decker90

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
They get covered in it during shipping. They do a lot of shipping by rail...that’s why it’s called rail dust.
Rail dust comes from rails? Really!

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I would take the truck to a detailer and get a really good exterior detail done (or do it yourself if you've got the time.. using aforementioned product above) and then have them ceramic coat the truck. With less than 50 miles on my Star White I took it to a local detailer and had the wrap, PPF, and ceramic coat done. The ceramic coating will keep that sparkle in the paint popping way longer than a normal wax job. It also helps with repelling also above mentioned brake dust and road debris. Seriously one of the best investments you can make to protect an "upgraded" paint option.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Rail dust comes from rails? Really!
Actually it primarily comes from the brake pads on the rail cars. Same way you’ll pick it up on the highway...brake dust from other cars.