Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Whipple Install Help

TexaST

Reactions
Anyone have issues with the top of the shroud seating correctly when putting everything back together? The right side on mine wouldn’t go back into place. Any help is appreciated. Happy 4th!

Attachments

Reactions
Looks like you don’t have this clip lined up and all the way in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

TexaST

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response, and correct. Any tips on how to get that clip back in? The left was hard but I got it in. It almost feels like the right will be impossible.

Reactions
Thanks for the quick response, and correct. Any tips on how to get that clip back in? The left was hard but I got it in. It almost feels like the right will be impossible.
They turn easily so make sure it's aligned right and it really should slide in, might need a little pressure to get it to clip in. Wasn't too hard when I did mine last Monday.

OP
T

TexaST

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I’m just having a hell of a time getting the main piece with the grill shutters back on. Something doesn’t seem right. I’ll keep trying…

Reactions
Make sure you don’t have any wiring or connections sitting where they are meant to be.

I had to support the Rad while pushing the shutter assembly on to get that clip to lock in place. It fought me a bit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

TexaST

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for your comments today. Got all the way to the end and the hood wouldn’t latch - it looked like the latch assembly was too low. In any event, I’ll be taking it in to have it looked at.

Reactions
Thanks for your comments today. Got all the way to the end and the hood wouldn’t latch - it looked like the latch assembly was too low. In any event, I’ll be taking it in to have it looked at.
It's odd that it would be low if it went back together correctly and the front end fit back on. When I put things back I noticed that this bar had holes that would allow vertical movement, I was able to see the indents of where the washers were before and used those to re-install it to the same spot, might be something to check. 20210628_102947-2.jpg Did you make sure to connect the release cable again? Not sure if that would even make any difference also (kinda doubt it). If you can, and have the time, make sure that everything is aligned correctly and it should work out just fine rather than having to take it somewhere. Don't rush and take your time.

Little late now for this advice, but I used cheap plastic baggies for each section and labeled them with a sharpie to make sure I put everything back where it was from (some screws and bolts can look identical). Just like I found a couple of the plastic clips in the wheel well had a specific home which I didn't notice when pulling it apart, lol.