Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

When pressing down gas pedal all the way...to speed up quickly...long lag from 1st to second.

WarST

Reactions
Anyone else have that issue?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Seldom. Usually when car not fully warmed up. Much improved with a tune.

Blackssr

Reactions
Not at all. I only use sport mode and fully stock.

OP
WarST

WarST

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Not at all. I only use sport mode and fully stock.
Do you have to use the paddle shifters when you're in sport mode?

Reactions
No.
I agree about it doing that when not fully warmed up. And I agree about being much improved with a tune. It is night and day. I am getting an oil change this week so I changed back to the stock tune and it seems sluggish and slow.

OP
WarST

WarST

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
No.
I agree about it doing that when not fully warmed up. And I agree about being much improved with a tune. It is night and day. I am getting an oil change this week so I changed back to the stock tune and it seems sluggish and slow.
Thanks!

Blackssr

Reactions
Do you have to use the paddle shifters when you're in sport mode?
No. Very rarely. Just like the dash look and the more aggressive simulated performance. LOL

Redford307

Reactions
Mine started doing this last week, have approx 3k miles. It has been very responsive and this only happened a couple of times. I drive in normal mode and this was afte 10 minutes running. Curious if others hear what causes this.

Reactions
I had this happen once in normal mode...turning left and needed to get in the right lane shortly after the turn. Put my turn signal on and no one would let me over. Sped up and then slowed down to merge in the right lane between cars. The car in the right lane slowed down to take a right. When I got on the accelerator to jump into the space vacated by the car turning right, the explorer just lagged speeding up...it was like the transmission was confused because I sped up, then slowed down and then accelerated again. I'm wondering if this would happen in Sport mode....it was really strange and only has happened that one time.

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I start the car.. change to sport mode.. turn off traction control (hold it down until its off).. and have a tune.. but the first two steps work wonders.

Reactions
So might be similar issue to what I experienced yesterday.
Full acceleration from stop light. It shifted to second normally, then didn't shift into third and just bounced on rev limiter. I let off and after a few seconds, shifted into third.
Now I've noticed it basically has no power. It feels like a normal V6. I checked all hoses and all okay. It even has to change gear on interstate when going up minor hills, it has never done that. The awesome agressive acceleration is gone, regardless of mode. It is very sluggish and just doesn't want to go.
I have noticed that it always had a sound like a whipple supercharger, turbo whine, that is now gone. Completely stock, 2021 with 2800 miles. No dash warning lights.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

DeeBean

Reactions
Anyone else have that issue?
I had the same issue. There was a service bulletin out that I had addressed at the same time and it solved that issue at the same time.