Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

When harmless donuts results in AALLLLL the yellow warnings....

Reactions
Just like every WNYer, and every other SnowFarer out there, who has a RWD-based sports SUV... I decided to have some fun after picking up my son from basketball.

We pulled into the massive empty parking lot next to the Y.. I switched to Sport.. turned off traction control.. held down for AdvancTrac off.

Let her rip for a solid 3-4 precise donuts with plenty of snow and slush to keep it smooth as melted butter.

After the last one.. I heard the charm sound. Traction control is stuck off, service advancetrac, hill assist fault, reverse brake assist fault and a bunch of others. Was also thrown into Normal mode and when trying to switch it says Drive Mode Unavailable or whatever.

I remember someone else having this issue but couldn't find the thread.. obviously going to pull it right into service tomorrow but wondering if there is a quick fix. Truck has been on and off multiple times.. I have not pulled the battery yet either.

Any ideas?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
i think you may be referring to the multiple faults when a speed sensor fails. maybe your snow escapade somehow disconnected it.

OP
MattJ716
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
i think you may be referring to the multiple faults when a speed sensor fails. maybe your snow escapade somehow disconnected it.
God you're good. Do I wanna go crawling around outside right now? Nope.. let the techs do it tomorrow haha.