Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What to do or upgrade first? (2022 ST)

Luckst2046

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022, Ford, Explorer, ST
What would you do first or upgrade first on a 2022 ST with upgraded ST package? (Bigger roaters, breaks,and 21 inch ford performance rims.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Depends on what you’re interested in.
Power, handling, sound, audio, aesthetics…

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah unless you have a large budget decide on what you want first. Intercooler is a no brainer IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2x 2023 Explorer STs
Tune and intercooler seem to be at the top of the list for the best bang for the buck if you are looking at performance mods. Tons of post on here to search through for those topics so ill leave that to you. I prioritized the exhaust as well as while its not really a performance gain, the sound and the looks were worth it to me. Suspension is another area where you can make a difference without a huge amount of spend. The Steeda subframe bushing support kit and their vertical link pieces seem to be favorites along with rear roll bars and lowering springs. Also, it might be worth your time to look at diff bracing if you plan to head down the performance rabbit hole (1 bolt vs 2 bolt set-up). Welcome to the forum!