Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What ST feature do you really like/hate that has made up your mind on all future vehicle purchases?

Reactions
Yes, I made a huge mistake buying this junk. Yes, I am actively looking for a replacement and look forward to only ever seeing a dealer again for free oil changes.

Doesn’t anyone else see the irony? Buying a new $70,000 vehicle, then being exhorted to buy an aftermarket add-on with an iffy (“get the correct version”) eBay Chinese dongle that is supposed to make it drivable? This is supposed to be a good thing? No wonder China is eating your lunch.

Oh, I got the mud flaps today that I ordered with the car four months ago. The parts lady was really excited! I also noticed that they had received a bunch of new crate motors, all V6s and some transmissions, all for warranty work. I guess we’re really hard on our cars up here and perhaps that explains why my shit electronics and wrinkled leather are not so high on their priorities. It must be the buyer’s fault that these cars are all broken because we’re all such shit drivers.

Really? Bye bye

Cya!
Wouldn't wanna be ya... Grouchy MF.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Guess that means he won't be accepting my offer. We all know that 10K is a fair price with a vehicle plagued with as many problems as this one.

Last edited:

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Cya!
Wouldn't wanna be ya... Grouchy MF.
You have no idea, go back and look at the 70+ posts he has made. You would think Ford forced him to buy the car, he never test drove it, never researched it, complained because he couldn't buy premium gas, he can't press the auto start button, his screen isn't formatted to his liking.........most people just gave up on him long ago.

Reactions
Guess that means he won't be accepting my offer.
I'll bid $10,001

You have no idea, go back and look at the 70+ posts he has made. You would think Ford forced him to buy the car, he never test drove it, never researched it, complained because he couldn't buy premium gas, he can't press the auto start button, his screen isn't formatted to his liking.........most people just gave up on him long ago.
No man I think he's onto something China definitely used 5g to force him to buy it.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
To get back to the original poster's thread- One thing I really like is the turning radius. I once sold a nice vehicle (2004 Volvo S60R AWD, 300 hp, 6 speed, beautiful interior) because it's turning radius rivaled a 16 wheeler! It was a great car in so many respects, but that was a problem I really couldn't get over. So that's a Ford feature I really appreciate.

Reactions
To get back to the original poster's thread- One thing I really like is the turning radius. I once sold a nice vehicle (2004 Volvo S60R AWD, 300 hp, 6 speed, beautiful interior) because it's turning radius rivaled a 16 wheeler! It was a great car in so many respects, but that was a problem I really couldn't get over. So that's a Ford feature I really appreciate.
OH this is supposed to be constructive feedback.... Other than the slow dash, slightly uncomfortable-for-tall-people seats, and the lack of motorized sun shades I can't find anything to complain about. Ethanol gas mileage isn't great I guess that's worth mentioning.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
OH this is supposed to be constructive feedback.... Other than the slow dash, slightly uncomfortable-for-tall-people seats, and the lack of motorized sun shades I can't find anything to complain about. Ethanol gas mileage isn't great I guess that's worth mentioning.
It's a Like/Hate thread, so both are acceptable! But ethanol gas mileage? Of course it's lower.

Reactions
I just hope he learned his lesson to never buy a new car site unseen again, you should go and at least look at it and test drive a vehicle before buying it

Reactions
I get it some of the vehicle's have problems, and lots of them....I did my homework and coming from a 2012 4runner with 137k miles that only had two minor issues
1. The child locks would act up at times... did it several times years ago then never again
2. The drivers rear door lock actuator would not lock at times
That's it.... but it was also a vehicle that was body on frame and has been the same for over 10yrs. Now yes a lot of issues with the ST are electrical.... but you think Ford cars are the only ones having electrical issues? Not even close.... even Toyota is with some of the new cars. Could be a GM truck where the engine eats lifters and pushrods... or the trans issues they have. Could be the horrible Nissans... or vw's... or Volvos...benz.. etc etc

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I just hope he learned his lesson to never buy a new car site unseen again, you should go and at least look at it and test drive a vehicle before buying it
He didn't buy it sight unseen, I was being satirical. But he's gone from the site now. We shall mourn his passing...but not his idiotic commentary.

Reactions
So few things I'm not a huge fan of so far...
The sharp-ish plastic egde when the backside of the steering wheel meets the front on the bottom middle spokes.
The auto start stop....I think there's a way to fully defeat it without Fordscan or whatever?
The fake carbon fiber on the dash.

None of the safety nannies bug... it is what it is every car has it nowadays. I'll also admit I'm a little surprised by the B&O system.....I was expecting to be really sad about it lol

Reactions
So few things I'm not a huge fan of so far...
The sharp-ish plastic egde when the backside of the steering wheel meets the front on the bottom middle spokes.
The auto start stop....I think there's a way to fully defeat it without Fordscan or whatever?
The fake carbon fiber on the dash.

None of the safety nannies bug... it is what it is every car has it nowadays. I'll also admit I'm a little surprised by the B&O system.....I was expecting to be really sad about it lol

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/products/2020-ford-explorer-autostop-eliminator

Reactions
Cool thanks....what's needed to install it, if you know? Pull up on the center console where the button is?
I disabled in my tune, so not sure. Probably instructions on the web site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
It's a 30-minute job tops and that's if you're very deliberate, really you can do it in 15. It involves pulling the steering column cover, unplugging a connection, and plugging the device in, then reinstalling the cover. Works great. A tune is a great option, that said, if you think you actually may have a use for it, the eliminator makes it so it's just the push of a button away. It will also remember your stop brake setting. There are $15 discount codes floating around on this site to.

Reactions
Cool thanks guys! I would love a tune but want to keep the warranty... for now lol

Reactions
After reading a bunch much of his comments, I think he either drives aggressively or much closer to other cars than he thinks he does.

He can tackle the FENG with a PC and a $20 dongle. Seems that he would rather complain than actually do anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your comment. I had no idea FENG was really a thing, but I really dislike the sound of my vehicle at times and now I'm wondering if this is why. So because of your comment I am the proud new owner of an OBDLink MX+ which will arrive on my doorstep in two days, and I'm downloading FORSCAN now. Appreciation!!

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thank you for your comment. I had no idea FENG was really a thing, but I really dislike the sound of my vehicle at times and now I'm wondering if this is why. So because of your comment I am the proud new owner of an OBDLink MX+ which will arrive on my doorstep in two days, and I'm downloading FORSCAN now. Appreciation!!
Hey is there a write up you’re using for steps to use forscan? I know there’s one good video on YouTube I watched but also like reading instructions. I’ve been waiting to use my new VLinker obd adapter but have been nervous. I’m sure it’s easy but it still makes me weary.