Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What ST feature do you really like/hate that has made up your mind on all future vehicle purchases?

KegsBdry

Reactions
What ST feature do you really like/hate that has made up your mind on all future vehicle purchases?

LIKE: It's a toss up between the interactive dashboard and massage seats.

HATE: Turning a knob to get into gear. :mad:

OK ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
LIKE: The motor (the characteristic of - power torque delivery and how it works with the 10 spd)

HATE: Double Honk when you get out of the vehicle while it is running (soon to be disabled)

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hate the double honk. Which I have disabled with Forscan.

Reactions
I hate the rotating transmission knob....it just doesn't seem natural...and the transmission hunts for reverse when pulling in and out of a parking space

GTP

Reactions
What's wrong with the knob? I like it - what could be simpler. A true selector switch, like many other appliances. Beats a lever sticking up from the console.

Reactions
Auto hold at lights is amazing. I wish there was a direct to sport mode button.

Reactions
Love the auto-hold

annoyed by the constant sync gremlins. Glad they will be switching to android in the future vehicles

HATE the transmission. Had a Limited and now the ST and have never had a trans that shifted so horrible. Was better with the tune on the ST but still worse then any other vehicle I have driven or owned

Reactions
Weird my transmission is the smoothest shifting vehicle I've ever had. Before and after the tune. Came from a Range Rover.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
My ST doesn't have a garage. This is a silly thing, but I really like the (front) universal window open feature. I would LOVE a universal open & close.

Reactions
LOVE - Electronic parking brake. I use it all the time and the ones to the left of the foot brake are so loud wakes up my kids.

HATE - Sound system high's are high enough. Sound drops out about mid-way. Can definitely modified but would like a better sound system in my next car.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #11
My ST doesn't have a garage. This is a silly thing, but I really like the (front) universal window open feature. I would LOVE a universal open & close.
I believe it's a safety feature to not be able to remotely close your windows (or some crap).

Definitely lame.

Reactions
Love - virtually nothing. I really wish I had spent my money somewhere else. Even an old Toyota looks better now. I could love the engine but it’s attached to that pos transmission so no love.

Hate - the safety nannies that don’t work. Come around a corner and the system screams “crash” at a parked car? Backing up, red warning and tones on the side of the car at absolutely nothing. Backing up, brakes slam on for no reason. Turned all this crap off. This garbage is what they need chips for. Why bother?
I also HATE the FENG! My old Porsche has a sublime exhaust note and stock exhaust. It can be done very well without all the fake stuff.
Did I mention Sync? If it was human you’d call it a WOS.

It won’t be all other cars, just never again a Ford. Anyone want to buy an ST with 2500 km?

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #13
Love - virtually nothing. I really wish I had spent my money somewhere else. Even an old Toyota looks better now. I could love the engine but it’s attached to that pos transmission so no love.

Hate - the safety nannies that don’t work. Come around a corner and the system screams “crash” at a parked car? Backing up, red warning and tones on the side of the car at absolutely nothing. Backing up, brakes slam on for no reason. Turned all this crap off. This garbage is what they need chips for. Why bother?
I also HATE the FENG! My old Porsche has a sublime exhaust note and stock exhaust. It can be done very well without all the fake stuff.
Did I mention Sync? If it was human you’d call it a WOS.

It won’t be all other cars, just never again a Ford. Anyone want to buy an ST with 2500 km?
This is my second Ford ST. I had the same thoughts after buying my 2013 Ford Focus ST, everything kept going wrong. After heavily customizing it, I started liking it. More like a Stockholm Syndrome type love. Told myself, never a Ford again.

And here I am back in a Ford ST, heavily modifying it. And once again pissed a $60K vehicle has so many problems! I'm not learning from my mistakes.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I've had over 60 cars in my life. The ST is my first Ford. I bought it in Feb of 2020 and haven't had a single problem. I guess I'm lucky. But, most of the things that xsbank complains about are things that are "features" of the car. I've turned off all the nanny stuff and as far as the FENG, there's a way to turn that off as well, but it doesn't really bother me. It has occasionally "hunted" for the right gear, but in the end when driving it at 9/10s in sport mode, it puts quite a smile on my face!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
...It won’t be all other cars, just never again a Ford. Anyone want to buy an ST with 2500 km?
Yup, I'll give you $10,000 as it sits. With all the problems you've listed it will cost me the other $50K to put in proper order.

Reactions
Yup, I'll give you $10,000 as it sits. With all the problems you've listed it will cost me the other $50K to put in proper order.
After reading a bunch much of his comments, I think he either drives aggressively or much closer to other cars than he thinks he does.

He can tackle the FENG with a PC and a $20 dongle. Seems that he would rather complain than actually do anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I think the auto brake hold is the dumbest thing I have seen. The lane centering and all the other safety crap is dump as well.

Reactions
lane centering is great. I routinely drive 200miles on freeway to tow my bike to the racetrack. I really don't care about driving at 4am. Let it do it!

Reactions
So, Blown, you think it’s my fault this is a pos?

I have Macs - so far I haven’t seen the cost-benefit of buying a computer, dongle and a subscription for $500 when the f’wits at Ford could do it with their computer, if they weren’t thick as two planks At my dealer.

Reactions
So, Blown, you think it’s my fault this is a pos?

I have Macs - so far I haven’t seen the cost-benefit of buying a computer, dongle and a subscription for $500 when the f’wits at Ford could do it with their computer, if they weren’t thick as two planks At my dealer.
Either something is messed up with your system or it's your driving. Only time my side or rear crash warning comes on is when I'm way to close to something.
Instead of complaining why don't you test out the distances in a safe environment, take pics and measure distances.

Explorer ST Posts