Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What more do I need?

Reactions
So because I am impatient I bought a bunch of stuff for the Black 22 ST that I ordered and was supposed to be here January 31. I wanted to go pretty much straight to the shop and have things installed.
Since I'm still waiting I figure I'll ask what else you guys think I should add to the massive amount of boxes I have on my basement floor (or in route to be sitting in my basement)

So far I have

Whipple Intercooler
AFE Cold Air Intake
93 / Auto tune from ZFG
CORSA 2.5" Sport Cat Back Exhaust System 4" black tips

Turbosmart EM BOV Dual Port VR2
JLT Oil Separator
Redline Tuning Hood quick lift
Steeda rear sway bars
FENFAB ECU cover
Center console vault
OCD screen protector
OEM M14 x1.5 Black Lug Nuts
Headlight, tail, reverse light tint
LED rear turn and tail light bulbs

I THINK that's it. Any recommendations of anything else I should pick up. Or thoughts on what I did get? (I do plan on down pipes in the future)

408hatch

Reactions
Bora wheel spacers and H&R springs for stance and handling

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You won't need the TS BOV. They only were on 2020s. To get a BOV, you need to get a FenFab Charge Pipe with a BOV.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Too funny, you sound like me. Boxes of stuff in the garage waiting patiently for my ride.

Reactions
You won't need the TS BOV. They only were on 2020s. To get a BOV, you need to get a FenFab Charge Pipe with a BOV.
And some 2021’s (but not all). I have a 2021 that has both a BOV as well as the 4 bolt rear subframe.

OP
Greek
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Yea so.eone told me. I returned it

Reactions
One of the lucky ones!
Oh for sure. I count my lucky stars with that. When I picked up my ST slightly used the 3 bolt/4 bolt issue hadn’t been widely discovered yet so I was super happy when I later checked and confirmed I had the 4 bolt setup. And the BOV issue seems to be a later ‘21 running change, but I was lucky in that regard as well.

Reactions
The FenFab stiffy brace is a popular buy. I plan to get one when my 2022 shows up.

OP
Greek
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
The FenFab stiffy brace is a popular buy. I plan to get one when my 2022 shows up.
You think I need one? You can call me an idiot I have no idea if I do or not.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You think I need one? You can call me an idiot I have no idea if I do or not.
I look at it as cheap insurance. I believe it provides some additional strength but not as good as a 4 bolt. I have one in case mine is delivered with 3 bolt. I would rather have the 4 bolt. Shouldn't have to break a new car to get them to do right.

OP
Greek
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
And we won't know if we have a 4 or a 3 till we get the car right

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Correct but it seems the current ones are coming out with 3 bolt.

Reactions
I'm fully expecting mine to be a 3 bolt

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
you sound like me. I picked up my 22 about 6 weeks ago. I am having the steeda springs and mbrp cat back installed tomorrow. Already dropped in a K&N filter and installed 5 star 93 tune. Wanted to do the Steeda sway bar but it was backordered. Now I will be looking for intakes when more come out....

OP
Greek
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
you sound like me. I picked up my 22 about 6 weeks ago. I am having the steeda springs and mbrp cat back installed tomorrow. Already dropped in a K&N filter and installed 5 star 93 tune. Wanted to do the Steeda sway bar but it was backordered. Now I will be looking for intakes when more come out....
They just shipped the sway bar a couple days ago. Getting delivered saturday

Explorer ST Posts