Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What is missing on the 2022 ST from factory

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I spoke to a Ford rep today and she was unclear if these missing parts would be installed eventually. She said if the dealer told me that the parts will be installed then they will definitely do it when parts are available. She also had no idea that Ford gave credits for these parts that aren’t installed. Not sure what to make of this deal.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah that indeed is very strange!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I spoke to a Ford rep today and she was unclear if these missing parts would be installed eventually. She said if the dealer told me that the parts will be installed then they will definitely do it when parts are available. She also had no idea that Ford gave credits for these parts that aren’t installed. Not sure what to make of this deal.
I doubt it, these supply issues are not disappearing any time soon unless these car companies build their own chip fabs. By the time the new models are out they will have their own supply issues and they will not be making the 2022 parts anymore.
Just a thought, I hope that is not the case but it seems like that's the direction they're headed.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
My 22 was built Sept 21 it sat in the factory waiting on a chip all this time, just took delivery on Friday.
I have all those features but still signed the two papers.
Which I assume is just standard business practice at this point if you have them or not.
Production of 2022 models did not begin until the second week of November 2021.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Production of 2022 models did not begin until the second week of November 2021.
So he actually has a 21 and not a 22 then.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Somewhat similar to another thread where someone said they had a 2019 ST.
Got 'ya.

Toyman

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
My wife’s ST arrived 6/24/2022. No massaging seats nor foor swipe tail gate. Manager said neither would be retrofitted.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Really? No retrofitting?

Alan Hale

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Anyone know when they will install the rear climate controls and rear heated seat controls? Also does anyone else know why the cup holders don’t light up?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Anyone know when they will install the rear climate controls and rear heated seat controls? Also does anyone else know why the cup holders don’t light up?
Not sure on the control installation. Lights removed starting the 2022 year.

Reactions
I was told 9 months. And that was mid April. So January for me supposedly.

JRC

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hi all, I dont think there is anything to worry about…
I bought my 2022 ST - May 7
While mine does not have the rear controls installed, I was given an IOU to have installed when they become available. & Yes, the front seats have the massagers! Just make sure your looking at 401A
Thanks for that information! Just took delivery of mine July 8th. First I heard of this. Any futher info?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explore ST
I just got mine from Ford 2 day's ago. The active motion seats and not in mine one of the guy's at my dealership told me that they took them out because of the chip shortage. I have the 401A Package. But on Ford website it still says that they still come with the Active motion seats. https://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/features/design/

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I just got mine from Ford 2 day's ago. The active motion seats and not in mine one of the guy's at my dealership told me that they took them out because of the chip shortage. I have the 401A Package. But on Ford website it still says that they still come with the Active motion seats. https://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/features/design/
If your dealer doesn't give you a good answer, I would follow up with Ford to see if it will be added back in once the chips are available. I love that feature on mine. Good luck.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Did yours come with the rear climate controls?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explore ST
No mine did not come at rear climate controls. But I talked to the sales manager at the dealer today and they said once the chip shortage gets better they're going to start making them and you're going to get a notification and then you'll make an appointment with the dealer and they'll install it free of charge.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Depends when it was built. My 22 has all those items. Only notable removed items from the 22 is cupholder ambient lights and 2nd row center console. The former was removed from f150s too.
the massage SEATS
were removed

skeelo

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
New here.

Picked up a 2022 401A to replace a 2021 401A that was totaled when an older woman pulled out in front of my wife (failure to yield). The short list of things that are missing/ changed:

- Start button green light is gone
- Front cup holder ambient lighting
- Rear floor mounted cup holders - this is actually better with two little kids. That thing was always a disaster.
- Massaging seats
- Rear HVAC controls - to be added at a later date per the dealer
- 2nd row heated seats - to be added at a later date per the dealer
- Hill descent control Auto Park Control (top right button in drive mode cluster)
- Rear lift gate hands free capability
- Digital cabin temp indicators in the front HVAC cluster

Also new in 2022 - electronic e-brake sets when putting in park. This is annoying, does anyone know how to disable?

Last edited: