Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Just as an update for you guys, aFe is working on the exhaust as we speak and I confirmed that they have gone up in diameter to 2.5" and they are using their own flex pipes so that it will in fact be a true cat back exhaust. I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds!
I welcome more competition.

Reactions
PAINT THOSE ROTOR HUBS!!!!!!
Do they rust pretty quickly? My ‘22 doesn’t yet have a build date, but I had to paint the rotor hats on my last two BMWs because they would rust and look like garbage in no time at all… curious if the ST suffers from the same lack of coating/rust protection. Although, browsing photos on this forum, I hadn’t noticed…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Upgraded my midbass’ and midranges.
Focal Utopia M 8WM and 3.5WM 07B5A8AA-C32A-474E-9E6D-FE650A8882DC.jpeg

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Upgraded my midbass’ and midranges.
Focal Utopia M 8WM and 3.5WM View attachment 8216
Nice freaking speakers right there! Love Focal.

Has anyone tried to dyno mat or acoustic stuffing in the subwoofer enclosure? I hate the way the bass sounds in the ST.

msota84

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I dont know if they wou
Do they rust pretty quickly? My ‘22 doesn’t yet have a build date, but I had to paint the rotor hats on my last two BMWs because they would rust and look like garbage in no time at all… curious if the ST suffers from the same lack of coating/rust protection. Although, browsing photos on this forum, I hadn’t noticed…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ldk about rust, but that is the first thing I did! Couldnt stand looking at those pretty rims with grey behind them!!

Reactions
Swapped out my ST badges today while the weather was nice. View attachment 7921
View attachment 7920
How hard are was the install? Any instructions on doing this swap? I tried the sticker route, didn’t like the look, couldn’t quite get all the bubbles out. And where did you get your replacement ovals? Thanks!

Staggie

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
How hard are was the install? Any instructions on doing this swap? I tried the sticker route, didn’t like the look, couldn’t quite get all the bubbles out. And where did you get your replacement ovals? Thanks!
The badges aren’t overly hard. I mean, if you have patience that is. The front bumper needed to come off to do the front. I’ve heard of others doing it by drilling the posts out, I didn’t want to try it. I did it in the driveway relatively quickly. The back was 50x easier lol. I’m pretty sure I just popped that one off.
And i got mine from Emblem City.

Reactions

F=MA

Reactions
Don't load it up with heavy stuff as it will deform and start to slip downwards. I have had this tray for about a year. Otherwise it is great. I just ordered a couple more for backups. Gravity is a bitch.

Last edited:
Reactions
Yay, Thermal R&D Exhaust time!

AirBrush_20211023124229.jpg

Reactions
Installed Thermal R&D exhaust and mid-pipe on Saturday, then installed Fenfab intake this morning. Holy shit this thing sounds like a rocket now. I need to do a 3rd gear pull and send to ZFG to see if we need to tweak the tune any.

Installation How-To Post: https://www.explorerst.org/threads/fenfab-intake-install-instructions.2774/

Last edited:

F=MA

Reactions
Don't load it up with heavy stuff as it will deform and start to slip downwards. I have had this tray for about a year. Otherwise it is great. I just ordered a couple more for backups. Gravity is a bitch.
Received the new one in the mail. They have revised the design with a tab on the front to prevent the sagging (over time) on the front passenger corner. Tray is now highly recommended.

Reactions
Ok..... so I totally wasn't thinking when I had the prototype intake from aFe. I just picked up the Explorer from aFe with their prototype cat back. Anyone in SoCal and near the IE is welcome to hit me up to check it out. I'll be running it for about the next week to give them as much feedback as I can. Anyone else want to chime in, please let me know.

Reactions
Here's a quick peak at their exhaust.
This is the prototype, so they're already going to bring the tips in an inch to an inch and a half.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Bastards took my advice …

159E6239-C1CB-4E15-9727-00292C3901FA.jpeg

Received the new one in the mail. They have revised the design with a tab on the front to prevent the sagging (over time) on the front passenger corner. Tray is now highly recommended.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Did they do this after you purchased the old design? I can't tell from their listing that they revised the design. I would have also liked to see the inner tray dividers to have a handle that you could grab to lift the tray out to get to the console bottom easily. That and a front lip would make this tray perfect. Also, maybe make the square hole something you can optionally punch out if you needed it. I don't need it and stuff keeps falling in, such that I just taped some cardboard to the bottom

Reactions
I took a heat gun to mine and spread out the tray sides/tabs to hold better. I would still like an upgraded one!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
ECM cover prototype #1 test fit. Gonna change a few measurements tomorrow and make #2.
No screws or bolts, attaches using the oem push pins for the wiring harness on both sides.
I drew this up months ago and forgot about it until I stumbled across the file on my laptop today. Needs a few adjustments…should have the final version done tomorrow at lunch. 911E9191-9E2D-4CAE-8748-97A183439F0F.jpeg 671F6C82-6F57-4E9B-BB76-E46FAD952C63.jpeg

Explorer ST Posts