Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
5hr install???? Damn! Lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
It was not a pleasant experience. I was throwing wrenches and very frustrated with Brett over text, but he took it all in stride and stayed calm while i wasn't and we slowly worked our way through things. I did end up having to do some of my own fab work as the size/angle of his bracketry was a little off but in the end it buttoned up nicely. Now I need to move on to cleaning up the engine bay a bit. With the stock airbox out of the way, there are hoses that are longer than they need to be and brackets that are no longer needed. May replace the cold side charge pipe while I'm at it.

Reactions
a LOT of goodness today.

First, tested some ethanol that's 5min from me. e85 measured 85% on the not-very-calibrated measuring device. 93 measured between 5 and 10%. I pumped a gallon of each so I just mixed them together and expected ~45%, which is what I'm seeing here.

Next, Design Labs "ST" inserts showed up. Fast shipping and a "Thank You" card with a pic of two cute dogs on the back included. Nothing like great customer service, especially from people that love dogs! Awesome easy mod to do. Highly recommend.

Finally, ZFG baseline 93 performance tune flashed and sent the 3rd gear pull log in. I'll try to get a 1/4mi in tomorrow morning since I'll be in Mexico. Once it's finalized we'll do the e50.

Now just waiting for my Thermal R&D exhaust to ship.

20210828_081934.jpg

20210828_103427.jpg

20210828_154449.jpg

Reactions
I sold it!

I bought a nice 2020 Yukon Denali demo, made before Covid in a “normal” factory. I’m done with the ST. Multiple faults, lots of virtue-signalling from the dealer but 5 months later, nothing done. They should be ashamed putting “Ford Performance” right on the door frame on that junk.

Everything works on the Yukon, a very strange concept after 2 expensive Fords.
Thanks to you who tried to help and a **** you to those who trashed me for complaining.

Good bye to you all and good bye to Ford.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm sure he'll start bitching about the fact that his Denali makes less hp cuz he can't buy premium fuel where he lives. Then he'll find issue with SAE fuel standards. Then, after people give him info on where he can purchase such fuel he'll complain about the price. After that he moves on to how it's GM's fault he didn't check out the vehicle before he bought it... and on...and on...He's just one of those unhappy people who embraces constant victimhood. Notice how he mentions "virtue signalling"- Projection anyone?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Got to be one of the top 10 whiners I have ever witnessed on a forum. Cried like a little girl in almost every post he made.

Reactions
The proclip holster mount is pretty nice. I bought a Carlinkit wireless carplay recently so went with an auto-clamping Qi wireless charger mount. Most of the car mounts use a 17mm ball joint so like Staggie, I drilled out the AMPS ball joint on the Pro-Fit. Then attached a 17mm ball joint for the charger mount. Have a USB-C cord go down behind the screen, inside the center stack and back into the car charger cubby.
View attachment 7471 View attachment 7473
Does your mount have a lot play to it?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Gave the ST a really good hand wash and then applied Chemical Guys Hyper Wax. Like it so far. May be the best way to go other than a professional ceramic coating.

Attachments

F=MA

Reactions
Preordered the AFE CAI way back when. Have Fenfab catted downpipes and CR Stage 5 turbos ordered. Received my BOV. Will order a HPFP and injectors in the next few months and switch over to straight E85. These upgrades should get me into low 11's or high 10's eventually. It should leave so hard I will have zero oil pressure on acceleration so I hope there is a solution for that soon also. In the old days the oil supply issue was solved with a deep sump oil pan, windage tray and a high volume oil pump.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I put the finishing touches on my false floor audio build. Base tune is playing music just to break in the drivers for 100 hours or so then the final tuning can take place. 6A8D6B2B-DB5B-4F88-B0D2-B75D6D98F14C.jpeg

Reactions
Gave the ST a really good hand wash and then applied Chemical Guys Hyper Wax. Like it so far. May be the best way to go other than a professional ceramic coating.
I like Chemical Guys product. I have most of their stuff. Havent tried this though. You just wash the car and apply the wax? What did you use to apply the wax?
Tks.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I like Chemical Guys product. I have most of their stuff. Havent tried this though. You just wash the car and apply the wax? What did you use to apply the wax?
Tks.
Just washed the car and applied the Hyper Wax. They recommend to clay bar first, however I didn't on any of my vehicles. I purchased their micro fiber application sponges. Threw them away after use. Very cheap.

Reactions
Just washed the car and applied the Hyper Wax. They recommend to clay bar first, however I didn't on any of my vehicles. I purchased their micro fiber application sponges. Threw them away after use. Very cheap.
Can you tell me the exact name of the hyper wax...I'd like to look into it please and thank you.

Reactions
Debadged the "EXPLORER" on the hood and installed the Experience ST badges. I definitely enjoy the look more, now. View attachment 6996
Did you have to take the bumper/grille off to install the ST Experience badge?

Reactions
After reading the post from Xsbank I had to laugh. I sold our ST a while back to purchase a new Audi RS7. Don’t get me wrong I love the RS but I miss messing with the ST so much I’m considering going back. So much for the grass being greener! Jim

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Did you have to take the bumper/grille off to install the ST Experience badge?
The original ST badges are only taped on. A little dental floss will remove them quickly. It's a 20-minute job off and on. Now the Ford oval on the front grill is an entirely different story.

Reactions
After reading the post from Xsbank I had to laugh. I sold our ST a while back to purchase a new Audi RS7. Don’t get me wrong I love the RS but I miss messing with the ST so much I’m considering going back. So much for the grass being greener! Jim
RS7 is a whole other level. That car is a beast.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Can you tell me the exact name of the hyper wax...I'd like to look into it please and thank you.
I have been calling it hyper wax and that is the wrong name. It's name is Hydo Slick. I have attached a picture. Sorry about that. Don't use it on your black trim around the wheel wells. I use Amor All Outlast Trim & Plastic Restorer.

https://www.chemicalguys.com/wash-and-dry/quick-detailing/

Attachments