Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

hbalek

Reactions
Never could understand why everything is LED on this Explorer except reverse, rear turn and tag lights.
You can see in the one pic the halogen on the right compared to the LED’s I put in on the left.
Night and day difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other brands do that too even some premium ones. I see that almost every day. Acura MDX and others for years would have LED accents stripes with incandescent brake and turn lamps in the back of the stripes! That looks even weirder. Kinda like cars that had HID headlights with incandescent fog or turn lamps in the front about 15-20 years ago. Looked so weird! My 2003 G35 had LED taillamps, non-LED turn signals and reverse. Front had HID headlights with incandescent high beams, fog and turn signal lamps. A hodge-podge in the name of cost savings and sometimes technical limitations of the time. My 2013 MKZ was all LED inside and outside except the puddle lamps under the mirrors. That one really annoyed me!

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

dc332

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Black Ford Explorer ST
I just had a great battle with cvfab intercooler upgrade. No help. Got it done in 6 hours.

Everything was sort of what I expected except for the rivets I had to drill out on the bottom.

For the guys that had to drill the 4 rivets is it ok to leave it that like?
Yeah, the rivets were annoying for me as well. I managed to do it without getting rid of the rivets and just kind of shoving everything back into place.

As for the not having the rivets.. maybe throw in a bolt or two to hold it together?

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Other brands do that too even some premium ones. I see that almost every day. Acura MDX and others for years would have LED accents stripes with incandescent brake and turn lamps in the back of the stripes! That looks even weirder. Kinda like cars that had HID headlights with incandescent fog or turn lamps in the front about 15-20 years ago. Looked so weird! My 2003 G35 had LED taillamps, non-LED turn signals and reverse. Front had HID headlights with incandescent high beams, fog and turn signal lamps. A hodge-podge in the name of cost savings and sometimes technical limitations of the time. My 2013 MKZ was all LED inside and outside except the puddle lamps under the mirrors. That one really annoyed me!
I agree that would be so annoying everything LED and puddle lamps halogen.
I traded my 2023 Dodge R/T Durango Blacktop Edition for this Explorer and it had all LED except for reverse lights and all interior lights. Drove me nuts until I changed them out. lol

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Our 23 at least the tag lights are led
Have not looked at reverse bulb.
Might need to now
My 21. F250 everything was led
Then my 22 f150 everything but the tag lights are led
Maybe whatever was left in a parts bin made it in

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Our 23 at least the tag lights are led
Have not looked at reverse bulb.
Might need to now
My 21. F250 everything was led
Then my 22 f150 everything but the tag lights are led
Maybe whatever was left in a parts bin made it in
I have a 23 and the tag lights are not LED.

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
A

ND I have 360 camera that was on hold as well
Ours must have sneaked through
I wish mine had the 360 but it was deleted. I do have a front camera on this vehicle but no way to turn it on?
Where the button for the camera is supposed to be is blank.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
There was a company called Coastal Tech that made a device for SYNC called a "lockpick" that would allow for camera usage, but their site seems shuttered and I can't find posts about recent models

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
There was a company called Coastal Tech that made a device for SYNC called a "lockpick" that would allow for camera usage, but their site seems shuttered and I can't find posts about recent models
In the f150 we have via forscan to turn cameras on at speed
It's in there....

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
So why would Ford put a front camera in my grill and I can’t even use it?
Seems like a waste of money.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
The 360 setup utilizes front, rear, and mirror cameras.
What you are missing are the mirrors, which would have been a problem with supply chain BS.
I mean, there were Explorers with "2nd row climate deleted", but was only missing the controls module from the console, and people could simply install them and gain the functionality.
We went through something unprecedented, and manufacturers were bobbing and weaving day-by-day, trying to push out vehicles so they could stay running. Hell, this was a model year refresh that got hit by the pandemic in its second year. None of it will make sense in hindsight.

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
The 360 setup utilizes front, rear, and mirror cameras.
What you are missing are the mirrors, which would have been a problem with supply chain BS.
I mean, there were Explorers with "2nd row climate deleted", but was only missing the controls module from the console, and people could simply install them and gain the functionality.
We went through something unprecedented, and manufacturers were bobbing and weaving day-by-day, trying to push out vehicles so they could stay running. Hell, this was a model year refresh that got hit by the pandemic in its second year. None of it will make sense in hindsight.
Well that makes sense and I appreciate the explanation.
I may not have the cameras in the mirrors but the ST puddle lights in the mirror they installed look pretty cool at night.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Indeed!
It would be good to know if all the wiring is there though, then it should be as simple as enabling 360.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Indeed!
It would be good to know if all the wiring is there though, then it should be as simple as enabling 360.
I noticed on our explorer tye 360 camera is very different from my f150
The front camera only comes on if backing up to aid the picture all around...but not come on if I am pulling into a space forward. Just the proximity alerts with on screen indicators.
It's early. One more item to resolve.

hbalek

Reactions
I noticed on our explorer tye 360 camera is very different from my f150
The front camera only comes on if backing up to aid the picture all around...but not come on if I am pulling into a space forward. Just the proximity alerts with on screen indicators.
It's early. One more item to resolve.
Mine never comes on when parking in forward That's what the camera button on the dash is for and I use it almost daily when parking. Does yours not have that camera button on the center stack?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Mine never comes on when parking in forward That's what the camera button on the dash is for and I use it almost daily when parking. Does yours not have that camera button on the center stack?
Ditto. It would be annoying as hell if everytime I moved forward slowly, the front camera is displayed. The button on the console is the perfect solution for that forward parking spot.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST, Rapid Red; 2020 and 2022 STs
Rescued my 22" all-aluminum wheels, had ContinentalExtremeContact DWS all-seasons in 315/35X22s installed on them.. Then put them back on the Ex.. They sure look GOOD.
2024Apr23_DSC0884_new Continentals in driveway_2000w.jpg
2024Apr23_DSC0888_New tires profile_2000w.jpg
2024Apr23_DSC0886_Tire offsets_2000h.jpg

Eibach lowering springs this or next week.

Last edited:

Warpath

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
Added a hitch cover.

20240424_191849.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST