Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Added color matched explorer lettering
Looks nice! I didn't realize silver was an option with that lettering. I might have done the same.
Instead, I went red, to match the ST.

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Replaced original FOMOCO battery with Interstate H6 from Costco. 2020 with 40xxxx miles.

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Peace of mind mostly. Have been getting “deep sleep” cycle messages on ford app the past few days. $184 for a new battery with 3 year warranty. Don’t wanna run into dead battery. I usually replace all of mine around 3.5-4year mark

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Peace of mind mostly. Have been getting “deep sleep” cycle messages on ford app the past few days. $184 for a new battery with 3 year warranty. Don’t wanna run into dead battery. I usually replace all of mine around 3.5-4year mark
I don't want to get caught with a dead batt either so I picked up one of these. Haven't needed it yet myself but have helped a few others along the way. Good insurance, works great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C7BS8P5Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Loaded05

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Installed the AWR diff brace and a catch can. I would love to get my downpipes installed, but I'm not paying the $1200 I was quoted by a local shop. diff brace.jpg catch can.jpg

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Installed PPE transmission Pan. Plug and play and it adds a qt or two to capacity. Didn’t measure but put in what I drained and had to add significantly to get the level up.

Oh and I burned the crap out of the back of my hand checking the level. Nothing too bad but almost impossible to check without burning something when everything is good and hot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Installed PPE transmission Pan. Plug and play and it adds a qt or two to capacity. Didn’t measure but put in what I drained and had to add significantly to get the level up.

Oh and I burned the crap out of the back of my hand checking the level. Nothing too bad but almost impossible to check without burning something when everything is good and hot!

A repair shop didn't want to check my transmission fluid for the very same reason. Another shop didn't want to touch it and told me it was a pita.
Guess I'll have to jack it up and check myself seeing as the "professionals" are too chicken s---- to get paid for it.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just wear gloves and fold a damp towel across the exhaust…no issues.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Seems simple enough. Why couldn't the pros think of that? :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This just in. Going in Monday. Trying to sweeten the air going in a bit. So far, just a DMS 93 tune but that put me in the 3 sec 0-60 range. 4.2 sec with over 300lbs of equipment in the cargo area.

Attachments

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I can’t do shit with my fingers with gloves on unfortunately. My old hands have a hard enough time manipulating the dipstick then of course if you drop it in the wrong place, the trans gets hot enough to burn your fingers too

Loaded05

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Installed the P3 gauge.
P3 gauge.jpg

F=MA

Reactions
2023 knocking suspension from new. Ordered front struts, strut mounts, strut bearings, related replacement bolts/nuts, front stabilizer links and nuts. This is step one to avoid dealership debacle trying to troubleshoot knocking sound. This way I can proceed installing these new items with new H&R springs. If the thing still knocks after the spring installation I will use the chassis ears to track down any remaining knocking. I figure if the knock remains after replacing all these known trouble making items then the original struts, etc. (with 2200 miles) will still be good to reinstall down the road after racking up 30 to 40k miles on these new parts.

FYI these struts appear to be on a nationwide backorder. I called one dealer and they had to make one call and they secured me the hard to get strut. Sounds like some of the parts are being hoarded during backorders for some reason. 427897565_10232145792295635_5649682654098534439_n (1).jpg

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I think everyone has been getting that FordPass App deep sleep message, my other 21 Escape has been getting it to. I believe its a software issue that was identified in a SSM. Mine only went away after I got all the module updates done.