Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

F=MA

Reactions
Ordered Atlas Blue bumper plugs.

Green S/T

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Well after a rainy mild day in Chi-Town I got off work to come home after midnight and wash the ST up. The Green Machine will be ready for church today. Surprisingly the weather is good here in the Midwest for Dec.

Attachments

F=MA

Reactions
Traded the modded Rapid Red 2020 in on the new 2023 Atlas Blue. Will tweak a few things like add colored bumper plugs, Optimus hitch cover and nicer tail pipe ends. Maybe down the road may add some stuff but it is kind of nice just leaving it stock for now. IMG_3897.JPG

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Did a few things. Replaced my front brake pads; had Powerstop Z23 and put in Z26.

Installed the rear LED kit from Houston Speed Freaks. I previously had some other LEDs for the license plate and reverse light, but stock incandescent then signal. These HSF bulbs blow those out of the water! Great bulbs at a great Black Friday price.

Also installed some floppy paddle extensions because I felt like wasting $40.
20231206_084804.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Happily installed the Rove R3 dash cam. Front, back and interior.
Going to be flashing the newly arrived ZFG tune soon.

Rove 1.jpg

ZFG 1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Fixed something that always bothered me with the Fenfab ECU cover. I had put plastic loom around the wiring harness, but the huge plug was always touching off against the cover. Finally pulled the clip from the core support, cut the larger Christmas tree clip off, and drilled a hole about 3/4" over so the plug butts against the washer reservoir neck, and tucked the wiring under the core support. Now looks much cleaner and the plug isn't touching the ECU.

Also adjusted my hood bumpers to level the hood with the fenders. Only took me 3 years to finally do that!

20231222_102813.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Fixed something that always bothered me with the Fenfab ECU cover. I had put plastic loom around the wiring harness, but the huge plug was always touching off against the cover. Finally pulled the clip from the core support, cut the larger Christmas tree clip off, and drilled a hole about 3/4" over so the plug butts against the washer reservoir neck, and tucked the wiring under the core support. Now looks much cleaner and the plug isn't touching the ECU.

Also adjusted my hood bumpers to level the hood with the fenders. Only took me 3 years to finally do that!

View attachment 20940

Looks good! Do all the black covers come with the "Twin Turbo" patch? The pic on 5 Star only shows the red cover with just the "ST" on it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Looks good! Do all the black covers come with the "Twin Turbo" patch? The pic on 5 Star only shows the red cover with just the "ST" on it.
Thanks! Nope, I added that. Wanted to spice it up a little bit so bought that badge since it's clean and simple. It's from a Nissan RB26DETT, the R32-R34 GT-R motor.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks! Nope, I added that. Wanted to spice it up a little bit so bought that badge since it's clean and simple. It's from a Nissan RB26DETT, the R32-R34 GT-R motor.
Ahhh, also a great car! Thanks!

Reactions
Diode Dynamics Stage Series DOT/SAE x 2
Diode Dynamics Stage Series x 2

IMG_2821.jpeg IMG_2818.jpeg IMG_2817.jpeg IMG_2815.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Cut my hood up to do a factory look install of my Jeep Rubicon hood vents. I’ll start the finish work tomorrow….have to let the panel bond dry overnight View attachment 20948 View attachment 20949
This is not a Ford Explorer anymore! It's an Unbroken Explorer! :)
You should change your name to "Totally Revamped".
I'm sure with what you call OCD, those vent holes are factory symmetrical!

Last edited:

way2far

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Traded the modded Rapid Red 2020 in on the new 2023 Atlas Blue. Will tweak a few things like add colored bumper plugs, Optimus hitch cover and nicer tail pipe ends. Maybe down the road may add some stuff but it is kind of nice just leaving it stock for now. View attachment 20867
Looks great. Congrats!

From a curiosity standpoint, was there something in the newer model that made you want to trade in your red one? None of my business if it had to do with finances or whatnot. I just got my 2020 ST a couple weeks ago so I was just wondering if something in the new model attracted you.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
First round of bodywork on the hood vent project. I’m super stoked with how it’s turning out. IMG_2315.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I took off my stock 21" wheels with original tires and put on my dedicated snow tires. Those stock wheels are heavy. The snows are on 18" Enkei wheels from tire rack.

Boyd

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
GF installed the new hatch badge on her ST. Looks fantastic on the Star White, even when it's Daily Driver Dirty.
She also installed the Auto Stop Eliminator.
Next week she's removing the front end to do the grill badge. And hopefully her Velgen's show up soon... been on order since 11/24. ST rear badge.jpg

Ryan1024

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Added carbon fiber decals to the ST logos

Added black plastic center console cover

Windows getting tinted tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk