Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Installed one step colder NGK 95605 Ruthenium plugs. This is the last of the performance bits before I do some data logging and install a ZFG tune. The anticipation is killing me as I will have to wait to do this for a couple weeks.

Reactions
Took delivery of a 22 Stone Blue ST on 8/24/22. Since taking delivery have added all weather mats throughout, added Ford Splash guards, changed lug nuts to black (McCord), added Canvasback cargo liner, added Ford rubber plug for receiver hitch, added wind deflector under the rear, had the entire hood, bumper, headlight, fog lights, quarter panels, door cups and door sills wrapped in PFF and had the black rims cleaned, polished and ceramic coated. I have parts for the center console on order as well as the rear temperature module that were deletes for 22.

Attachments

Reactions
Today I installed the 3rd zone climate control and rear heated seats module. My truck is a 2022 and it was built without the controls. I along with everyone else was credited for the removal. Installation was super easy and took around 10 mins to complete. The rear seats have the elements and all wiring installed and the rear centre console where the module is located has the wiring taped that controls the settings. Pics are included here, along with the part number for the controls. I bought the control unit from Camelback Ford in Arizona. They had it in stock, but only this one.

Hmmm... mine does not have the covered bottom section. It is just open to the public. I might have to swap to this on sheer option envy lol.

Explorer22ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Today I installed the 3rd zone climate control and rear heated seats module. My truck is a 2022 and it was built without the controls. I along with everyone else was credited for the removal. Installation was super easy and took around 10 mins to complete. The rear seats have the elements and all wiring installed and the rear centre console where the module is located has the wiring taped that controls the settings. Pics are included here, along with the part number for the controls. I bought the control unit from Camelback Ford in Arizona. They had it in stock, but only this one.
Did the large, plastic front cover just pull off, or are there any screws or other type fasteners that need to be removed to take off the plastic cover? Thanks very much. (I just ordered my missing HVAC heater control module. Paid $90.00)

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I was told that this part will be covered and installed by Ford when the parts become available. The credit was a good faith gesture by Ford since you will be inconvenienced for a while. I’m curious, why are you purchasing one instead of letting them take care of it?

Explorer22ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
I was told that this part will be covered and installed by Ford when the parts become available. The credit was a good faith gesture by Ford since you will be inconvenienced for a while. I’m curious, why are you purchasing one instead of letting them take care of it?
For me, winter is coming. I want my rear seat passengers to be able to enable and adjust their rear seat heaters and HVAC controls. Yes, Ford is supposed to provide these eventually, but who knows when they'll actually get around to it.

Reactions
It will take Ford a year or two to actually do this. I will have mine done by next week. Jim

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Added Ford Performance wheel center caps. Included is a pic of the box showing the part number for those that are interested.

Attachments

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Did the large, plastic front cover just pull off, or are there any screws or other type fasteners that need to be removed to take off the plastic cover? Thanks very much. (I just ordered my missing HVAC heater control module. Paid $90.00)
You have to open the arm rest lid and put a pry tool between the cover where the control module comes through and pry towards the back of the vehicle. It is held on by 6 clips, 3 on each side. Once the panel pulls away from the console, use your fingers to pull rearwards.

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Knowing the worldwide semiconductor shortage is not likely to ease before 2024/25 I didn’t want to be without the option that long. We in Canada have not been advised Ford will make the parts available to us when supply increases.

Reactions
Knowing the worldwide semiconductor shortage is not likely to ease before 2024/25 I didn’t want to be without the option that long. We in Canada have not been advised Ford will make the parts available to us when supply increases.
By the way, thanks for getting me going on that! F89C8E8F-53EA-47DC-B8DD-889DD7AA0DAB.jpeg

KCGewehr

Reactions
I installed a Whipple Intercooler this morning. Suggested time was 3.5hrs and it took me 4. I didn't remove the wheels but that would have made it easier to access the (2) 10mm bolts on each side that hold the bumper in place.

The bumper support was riveted at the bottom and had to be drilled out (last picture shows rivets). Went back and forth whether I wanted to tap the holes and add my own hardware but decided against it. With the crash bar installed the lower portion of the bumper support is secure.

Also, the intercooler itself doesn't say Whipple across the front. No big deal but seems odd.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Added Ford Performance wheel center caps. Included is a pic of the box showing the part number for those that are interested.
@JDHRNC, Very nice, I did a quick check on these, $50/ea.? Actually I saw these for $39. CJ Pony Parts was showing these as individual units. Didn't seem right.

Last edited:

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
@JDHRNC, Very nice, I did a quick check on these, $50/ea.? Actually I saw these for $39. CJ Pony Parts was showing these as individual units. Didn't seem right.
I bought them from Late Model Restoration and paid $42.99 each for them. I’ve bought stuff from CJ Pony Parts before and they’re good to deal with also.

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
By the way, thanks for getting me going on that! View attachment 14338
You’re welcome. Bugs me to no end they removed the module as it’s standard equipment on the ST, especially when you live in Canada or a State that has cold winters, or a State that is really warm year round.

Explorer22ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
You have to open the arm rest lid and put a pry tool between the cover where the control module comes through and pry towards the back of the vehicle. It is held on by 6 clips, 3 on each side. Once the panel pulls away from the console, use your fingers to pull rearwards.
Thanks very much

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Not today but got my front windows ceramic tinted. Screw Houston heat

Reactions
Not today but got my front windows ceramic tinted. Screw Houston heat
Our first modification lol, full ceramic tint on all the glass except the moonroof.
However I’m debating about doing the moonroof because it gets incredibly hot along the interior roof lining, I’ve just heard stories about the glass shattering after being tinted…..‍♂️

Explorer22ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Purchased this trim kit from Amazon and installed the second row HVAC, seat heater control. Very easy to do. The blue color trim tool is the one I used to safely remove the panel cover. Thanks JDHRNC. 1D62565A-FB14-4293-8319-19E621905DF0.jpeg 017B437F-7918-45FC-9DF8-587D9549F98B.jpeg 91B6071E-1E01-4037-984E-AE416A3D841A.jpeg