Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Well I didn’t know it was just a cover bolt. I thought it was a bolt that keeps the differential together.
Okay sir, thank you for letting me know!(y)

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Time to ditch the run flats ...
Why would I do that? One bad luck nail so the tire couldn’t be repaired doesn’t mean you switch tires. The tire did it’s job and I was able to drive to the tire shop on it with no issues…kind of the reason to have run flats.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Why would I do that? One bad luck nail so the tire couldn’t be repaired doesn’t mean you switch tires. The tire did it’s job and I was able to drive to the tire shop on it with no issues…kind of the reason to have run flats.
Because their replacement cost is out of this world. Lol

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I might gripe…but price tags don’t keep me from getting what I want. If they did I’d have a $200 stereo system instead of a $20K one. lol

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Character building hard life lessons always has me discerning what I buy. If they didn't, I wouldn't have been told by several salesman to please leave. heh heh

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Finally mounted my bora spacers 1.25" front and 1.5" rear. Had to buy my own tools because local tire shop didn't want to do it.

Attachments

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Because tires protruding from the wheel wells are illegal, right?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I have searched for a thread like this on this forum. If I missed it somehow or it's in a different location then please point me in the right direction. I've been a member of several and currently a member of 5thGenRams for my Ram 1500 Limited. I have always enjoyed this type thread because it gives a single location to see what others are doing and I think it's a great way to get and share ideas. I'll start it with something simple and we'll see where it goes. I know some have already gotten a big head start, so feel welcome to post your yesterday too.
View attachment 2102
My tint guy curved the eyebrow to match the factory curve at the bottom.
View attachment 2103
Ceramic, 20%
I drove it lol I love it I only have 300 miles on it I’m waiting till it has 1500 miles on it before I put the pedal to the metal

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Didn't think so, but was hoping. I've seen the youtube videos and may consider the tune when it gets broken in a little more.
Would you look at that !!!

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
No your fine Ford would never do such a thing put peoples life’s at stake!! I know this I worked for Ford for 30 years

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
UNBROKEN, I went through your build page and that's where I have gotten some ideas from. For example, I love the removal of the rear wiper but my wife says she uses it. If it helps her see things behind her, then it stays. I appreciate the interest in this thread and this is what I think it's for. Members can play catch up for those of us new to the forum.
Your wife is rite on this one I’d hate to see you hitch hiking lol

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
No your fine Ford would never do such a thing put peoples life’s at stake!! I know this I worked for Ford for 30 years
Yes local tire shops have rules about questionable mods! I figured this because I lived in a society all my life.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I drove it lol I love it I only have 300 miles on it I’m waiting till it has 1500 miles on it before I put the pedal to the metal
FORD states 1,000 miles for break-in, which they say is "avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow."
Nothing about flooring the accelerator. But don't worry, the guy who test drove the car before you bought it already "broke it in" for you. ;)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
FORD states 1,000 miles for break-in, which they say is "avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow."
Nothing about flooring the accelerator. But don't worry, the guy who test drove the car before you bought it already "broke it in" for you. ;)
I’m gonna dump the oil at a 1000 miles for sure I love the way it handles
when I brought it home and put it in the driveway people in the neighborhood thought the cops were here lol get you some of that will ya !!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Very minimal poke and where I live in Canada it isn't a big deal. Almost every truck here has considerable poke on their set up. Again mine is minimal.

Attachments

Explorer ST Posts