Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I give thanks for not paying a penny over Invoice for mine :D
Not happening where I live. Dealer's in my area would throw you off their lot for even suggesting paying invoice.
One dealer near me was asking $4,500 over sticker, and when I walked out the vehicle was sold 4 days later.
So paying sticker price right now is pretty awesome. :)

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Not happening where I live. Dealer's in my area would throw you off their lot for even suggesting paying invoice.
One dealer near me was asking $4,500 over sticker, and when I walked out the vehicle was sold 4 days later.
So paying sticker price right now is pretty awesome. :)
Dealers around me wanted MSRP so I ended up ordering out of state. If sticker price is awesome then 4% under invoice was remarkable LOL

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Dealers around me wanted MSRP so I ended up ordering out of state. If sticker price is awesome then 4% under invoice was remarkable LOL
I didn't want to drive more than 20 miles to get mine, much less get one out of state. haha
I'm more than content with my deal as I also got an unexpected good amount of equity on my trade as well.

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I didn't want to drive more than 20 miles to get mine, much less get one out of state. haha
I'm more than content with my deal as I also got an unexpected good amount of equity on my trade as well.
I hear ya but money talks for me...
3 hour drive saved me almost 7k below MSRP.
Buying off the lot is a different story though. I was willing to order and wait due to the savings. Only waited 3 months.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I hear ya but money talks for me...
3 hour drive saved me almost 7k below MSRP.
Buying off the lot is a different story though. I was willing to order and wait due to the savings. Only waited 3 months.
Both time and $$ talks for me, so buying off the lot is how I fly.
I've never ordered a vehicle in my entire life, I must see it, drive it, and kick the tires before I even consider purchasing it.
Dealers within the tri-state area of my home won't even talk to you at anything less than MSRP, with most charging thousands over that.

Reactions
I. FINALLY got brave enough to learn how to use ForScan.
I changed the honk on Key fob exit and FENG. ( I am freakin proud of myself)
Next is to figure out Auto Stop/Start and keep the lights on with turn signal.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Hit some goddamn debris on the freeway. There were two vehicles & two motorcycles already pulled over with damage when the guy ahead of me hit some of it & sent it spinning across from the center lane.....

Goddamn it...

20220514_162347.jpg

After a bit of clean up at home:

20220514_174408.jpg

I'll get after it with the proper tools in a couple of days, I have an appointment to be a thorough nuisance in the canyons with my Kaw1100 tomorrow.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hit some g*dd@mn debris on the freeway. There were two vehicles & two motorcycles already pulled over with damage when the guy ahead of me hit some of it & sent it spinning across from the center lane..... G*dd@mn it...
Sorry this happened to you.

In 2010 I purchased the highly sought after new Camaro, one week later I hit a pice of rubber on the highway leaving a sizeable black scuff on the side of the white car.
In 2017 I bought a new Fusion Sport 325 hp AWD (also white), two weeks later a deer hit me and I had almost $5,000 dollars in damages.

I'm staying away from white cars ...

Hope your car gets fixed ASAP.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Got some custom side splitters made. I will be installing the matte side up. It will be at the dealer for some warranty work then I will install them. Measured 79.75” for a perfect fit. Going to plasti dip the front splitter as well. The gloss black paint is getting beat up already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Those side splitters look great. Who made them for you?

Last edited:

ST-Fisher

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Couple things finished and added since picking it up a few weeks ago.
- CQuartz UK 3.0 (2-coats) and Carpro Gliss
- 20% Ceramic tint on front and rears
- Vivvid Foglamp tint
- WeatherTech mud guards
- Blacked out vinyl for the emblems and ST badges.

ST Blackout.jpg

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Those side splitters look great. Who made them for you?
Ventus autoworks out of Canada. Should look good with the splitter and wide body kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Sorry if this was covered before but I found two great features on my ST.

• If AC is on MAX air, incoming or outgoing call...the AC turns down to accommodate the extra noise. Returns upon call end.
  • Cooled seats on full send, turn the AC to MAX and they increase in velocity.
Also added some CF interior overlays.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Going to be a long night! Installing Whipple IC, NGK 95605 plugs, changing oil and will install UPR drain plug. Tune file should be back soon, fun times!

My wife is going to ask why the bumper is off of a new car I just bought 3 weeks ago. She was along for the ride 20yrs ago when I had my Eagle Talon AWD turbo and played with it, so it shouldn't be a surprise.......right?
I had the DSM AWD bug as well and was from Columbus 20 yrs ago! We may have met.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (ordered due in May 18-26)
I added a set of redline hood struts , and a Mishimoto oil catch can today ….
Both easy to install .

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Got mine last Wednesday. So far: carbon fiber license plate frames, American flag hitch cover, front window tint, Husky rear cargo mat, and that nice little console tray swap-out. K&N on it's way. Interested in Weathertech wind deflectors and DEFINITELY intrigued by the ZFG 93 tune!

JRizzle

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Whipple intercooler went on a couple days ago and went ahead and installed blacked out badges from emblem city while I had the front disassembled. Still waiting on H&R lowering springs since February 4th.

Reactions
Just got mine back from the shop after my first major upgrades ( I’ve done a lot of smaller things and some bling )

Borla S type Cat back w Carbon tips
170 degree thermostat
K&N drop in filter
JLT side catch can
SCTx4 with 5 star custom tunes
whipple Mega Intercooler
Steeda lowering springs
Steeda Sway bar.

next up…. Rims tires and breaks…