Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

agonzales62451

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
Gave her a quick wash after the snow, sand, and salt last few days. Today was 50 here in KC. Crazy!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Finished up the front end. Still need to build grilles but I’ll get to it soon. 78551270-8A0B-44BC-AAB8-5169342CB869.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Not all today, but in the 3 days of ownership so far:
- Got rid of dealer sticker and front license plate bracket. Bumper Plugs are a perfect color match.
- Install mirror mount and tap for Uniden R3 radar detector.
- Washed, Iron-X and Griot's 3 in 1.
- Swapped factory carpet mats for Smartliners.
- Got rid of FENG with Forscan.

My best pic so far:
20221230_162046.jpg

agonzales62451

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
Not all today, but in the 3 days of ownership so far:
- Got rid of dealer sticker and front license plate bracket. Bumper Plugs are a perfect color match.
- Install mirror mount and tap for Uniden R3 radar detector.
- Washed, Iron-X and Griot's 3 in 1.
- Swapped factory carpet mats for Smartliners.
- Got rid of FENG with Forscan.

My best pic so far:
View attachment 15847
Happy New Years all!

Clump, how well did the FORSCAN work on eliminating fake engine noise?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Happy New Years all!

Clump, how well did the FORSCAN work on eliminating fake engine noise?

It worked great. FENG is gone. It's in ACM. There are 2 settings, Enhanced Engine Sound and Software Enhanced Engine Sound. I disabled them both. Much better!

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
1. Checked and confirmed the second bolt is there in the differential mounting.
IMG_20230102_171037.jpg

2. Took it to first snow mountain trip. Car Performed flawlessly.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
View attachment 15890
Congratulations on the new ST and it having the two bolt (well really four but who’s counting) rear assembly. Wish my early 2022 build (first week of production) had it but was glad to just get the vehicle. :)

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
It worked great. FENG is gone. It's in ACM. There are 2 settings, Enhanced Engine Sound and Software Enhanced Engine Sound. I disabled them both. Much better!
What do you hear now, from the inside? (Assuming yours is fully stock)
Or how does it sound now from the inside? (share an audio clip if possible)

I love the (Artificial) sound now. But once the initial enthusiasm dies out, I might take your route as well.
Looks like there are too many things you can achieve with forscan.
Hope altering these settings wont affect the premium care warranty.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

I love the (Artificial) sound now. But once the initial enthusiasm dies out, I might take your route as well.
Looks like there are too many things you can achieve with forscan.
Hope altering these settings wont affect the premium care warranty.
Mine is stock.

It's VERY subjective. While the sound was entertaining, knowing it was fake was a problem for me. I can hear the actual engine now. Although it's MUCH quieter to me it's better. With an exhaust would be even better.

Here's a before/after of an F150. My ST was very similar. He goes through the Forscan procedure as well. I did not have to use the as built module and just used the easy module.

I've also turned off double honk and turned on fogs with high beams. You're right, there are so many changes you can make with Forscan.

I did some Forscan changes on my (traded) Ranger and already had the cable and license, so it was free. I really can't believe Ford hasn't locked it out yet, but I'm grateful to be able to make these tweaks.

It's funny, mine was built in September and I got the 3 bolt diff mount.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
View attachment 15890

2. Took it to first snow mountain trip. Car Performed flawlessly.
where in California are you?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

I love the (Artificial) sound now.
I actually hated the fake engine noise and preferred it to be quite as when disabled. Drove it that way for a week before putting my exhaust on. Now with FENG disabled and hearing the natural rumble and throaty roar of the Thermal R&D 3in it sounds the way it shoulda been direct from Ford. Nice and quite when cruising. Loud and proud when you get into it.

DocBach

U.S. Army Veteran
Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0, 2021 Explorer ST
Installed a console vault with the elite 4 digit lock. Fit right in but had to trim the bottom felt mat a little to reinstall.
put a console vault in today to prep for a trip to San Francisco, where property crime is rampant. However, it’s unstable as hell…. It wobbles as it’s only being held in place by the two self tapping screws. Am I missing something here?

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Finished up the front end. Still need to build grilles but I’ll get to it soon. View attachment 15846
Aren't you worried about any of those getting crushed? I know you said you're gonna build grilles, but damn that's a lot of hard work and money for something to potentially get stepped on.

Regardless, you're obviously very talented

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just a couple of little things today. Installed Ford splash guards and Ford Performance black lug nuts. The lug nuts are silly expensive, but bought it all with points. 20230104_144936.jpg

They are an exact match for the factory chrome lug nuts.
20230104_143537.jpg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Aren't you worried about any of those getting crushed? I know you said you're gonna build grilles, but damn that's a lot of hard work and money for something to potentially get stepped on.

Regardless, you're obviously very talented
Nobody is stepping through the 1/4” stainless steel grilles I had water jet cut. These will be inset flush into Baltic Birch rings and covered in grille cloth. FC22378F-328C-41D4-A2B4-14B124D20541.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
put a console vault in today to prep for a trip to San Francisco, where property crime is rampant. However, it’s unstable as hell…. It wobbles as it’s only being held in place by the two self tapping screws. Am I missing something here?
People in SF are actually leaving their rear hatchs open when parking on the street near downtown. this way allows for people to not lose a window so someone can break it out to see whats in the hatch. they are more hitting for the rear seats and trunks and not so much for center consoles.

DocBach

U.S. Army Veteran
Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0, 2021 Explorer ST
People in SF are actually leaving their rear hatchs open when parking on the street near downtown. this way allows for people to not lose a window so someone can break it out to see whats in the hatch. they are more hitting for the rear seats and trunks and not so much for center consoles.
didn’t leave anything open due to a massive rain storm there…. Luckily nobody broke my hatch

still kind of mad that the console vault wobbles after install. Not sure exactly how to remedy it to keep it from moving.