Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Confused myself.

Looked up fuel capacity online last week & it stated 15 gallons..:unsure: so I was a bit confused to get 16.88 gallons in the tank at Costco this morning. :confused:
Looked on line again today & found it's 20.2gal (y)
Light came on & said 50 miles to empty this morning... it was 29 when I pulled into Costco.

So apparently it thinks I was going to use 3.32 gallons of gas to travel 29 miles o_O
Must have something to do with your right foot no??

My CTS-V would get 2-4mpg on road race days :)

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Must have something to do with your right foot no??

My CTS-V would get 2-4mpg on road race days :)
My Kaw 1100 gets 45mpg during the week & about 32mpg on Sundays for some reason

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
My Kaw 1100 gets 45mpg during the week & about 32mpg on Sundays for some reason
Can't imagine why????? lol

Loved the street riding until I moved to Chicagoland. After seeing the things I see on the roads here I sold it after a year in Illinois and stuck to woods racing.

hbalek

Reactions
Confused myself.

Looked up fuel capacity online last week & it stated 15 gallons..:unsure: so I was a bit confused to get 16.88 gallons in the tank at Costco this morning. :confused:
Looked on line again today & found it's 20.2gal (y)
Light came on & said 50 miles to empty this morning... it was 29 when I pulled into Costco.

So apparently it thinks I was going to use 3.32 gallons of gas to travel 29 miles o_O
Whenever my light comes on and I have about 40 miles left to empty I will up with 17-18 gallons.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions

Loved the street riding until I moved to Chicagoland. After seeing the things I see on the roads here I sold it after a year in Illinois and stuck to woods racing.
I have the same story. When I first moved to Chicago some years ago I was an avid biker. After 1 year and several near collisions my mind went from "if" I'd ever have an accident to "when" it would happen. Since I had two small children at the time the bike became history. I got into rally racing instead- until I discovered that to really compete, I faced exactly the same choice!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Rally racing....too funny. At least wood racing you are going only 25mph :)

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions

I gave the ST a bit of a workout on this stretch of road last Sunday & it really confused the transmission. It hung on to lower gears when it should have changed up & changed down too many gears at other times.
Don't have any issues on the Kaw though :)

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That trans is a little concerning to me but we'll see.

No gonna lie I miss it A LOT. Whenever I get out west I will usually rent something for a weekend to get that fix. Looks like you are having a blast!

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm assuming zrx61 you're in sport mode. It's supposed to hang onto gears when you let off for engine braking- but it can't read your mind. Put it in sport mode and trigger manual shift. Then you can make it behave more like your cycle.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
That trans is a little concerning to me but we'll see.

No gonna lie I miss it A LOT. Whenever I get out west I will usually rent something for a weekend to get that fix. Looks like you are having a blast!
Been riding that road for 30 years. Did ya see the Ariel Atom? :)

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I'm assuming zrx61 you're in sport mode. It's supposed to hang onto gears when you let off for engine braking- but it can't read your mind. Put it in sport mode and trigger manual shift. Then you can make it behave more like your cycle.
Will do.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Hit the remote start as I left a store & was walking towards the ST this afternoon. Scared the crap out of a friend sitting in the passenger seat. :)

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Disabled the auto stop start and the FENG with FORSCAN. Also added two ST Performance seat belt pads I found on AMAZON.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Confused myself again.

& forgot to disable the stop/start crap. Went to pull out of a parking lot & nothing happened. It just sat there. Instant start my ass.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Confused myself again.

& forgot to disable the stop/start crap. Went to pull out of a parking lot & nothing happened. It just sat there. Instant start my ass.
Nevemind the wear and tear THAT is what I dislike most about the auto start stop.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I made this:

20220204_161442.jpg

Look like this:

20220204_161922.jpg

& made the right rear wheel looks like this:

20220204_161431.jpg 20220204_161436.jpg

20220204_164011.jpg
20220204_164014.jpg

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Tomorrow I may get ambitious & do the other three....

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Nice work …

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I guess Ford decided they just had to save 20c by not painting the half shafts...

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Tomorrow I may get ambitious & do the other three....
I love seeing that because I thought I was the only OCD nut job who takes his wheels off and cleans inside the wheel wells. Welcome to the club!