Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What don't you like about your ST?

Taz

Reactions
It's taken me all of a couple of months to get used to the dial and I just knew that I would hate it from the get go. That said, I do hate the tablet that just sits there and only lets me use part of it for the camera. It's big and it's ugly.
I thought I would hate that dial too, but it really doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. But my wife's Acura MDX drives me absolutely insane with the push button drive selection. I can't stand almost everything about that car. I agree that the huge tablet in the ST is ridiculous since it doesn't use the screen real estate properly. I miss the 8" full screen in my previous exsports. I also have to keep the tablet screen in night mode all the time since it's hard to read street names in day mode. And oddly enough, it doesn't have auto brightness.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I too find it much more pleasing to my eyes to keep the tablet in night mode. Have done so since the first week I bought the car.

Last edited:
Reactions
I too find it much more pleasing to my eyes to keep the tablet in night mode. Have done since the first week I bought the car.
Same here. Switched to nite mode the night we brought it home. The white is just way too bright...especially with an all black interior and tinted windows.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm just not sure about the transmission and the rotating knob...it hunts for reverse when parking. I'm sorry but I like the feel of a lever that's connected to the transmission...too much "fly by wire"...
Almost no modern car’s lever is connected to the transmission. They’re all electronic just like the throttles.

Reactions
Like many reviewers have said, Ford has built their own version of a BMW X5 for tens of thousands less! At least in the way it drives, it matches much more expensive European sporty SUVs.
This truck will never match quality of X5 or X7 if compared by size. I have both and it’s a day and night difference. Almost disappointed at such a high price tags such low quality materials. Worse than any Japanese or American made manufacturers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk