Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What competitors did you consider before purchasing Explorer ST?

davesike

Reactions
I agree with that. Just the no chrome on the nightfall. I work at a Kia dealer n leased an st. Lol

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
We looked at Highlanders, a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland as well as Rangers as "downsizing" alternatives to our F-150 Platinum. Liked the Jeep a lot, but felt we'd need the third row at times so it was disqualified. Liked the size of the Ranger, but we keep thinking that over the past 7 years with a truck, we had far more occasions to use the third row than we did the bed of the truck!! And after driving the ST ... I was like a hungry bass for our dealer!!

Ken

Reactions
I’ve leased Audi’s and VWs for years. Just finished up lease on a Tiguan with a very pleasing 2.0 200hp turbo. I decided on an Edge ST which was fine until I got wind of the Explorer. I only had 1700 miles on the edge when I tried the Explorer. Can you spell Depreciation? I’ve not looked back.

Reactions
Audi SQ5
Lexus RX