Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Welcome to the Explorer ST Forum, please post an introduction

Reactions
Hello and welcome to Explorer ST Forum, the premier community for Explorer ST owners from around the world. Please take a moment and post your introduction and let us know a little bit about yourselves.

Reactions
Hey guys I am Garrett Collins, just put an order in for a white Ford Explorer st. Set so arrive in approximately 6-8 weeks. Excited to see what upgrades come out for the vehicle and could possibly post mods that I will be doing. The plan as it stands will be to start with audio while I wait for aftermarket performance parts as well as put some mileage on the motor.

Grew up a ford enthusiast from my family. Decided to go back the ecoboost route from a 5.0 f150. Prior to that I had a 12 Taurus sho which I thoroughly enjoyed. Hopefully I’ll say the same for the explorer once it gets here!

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Hey guys I am Garrett Collins, just put an order in for a white Ford Explorer st. Set so arrive in approximately 6-8 weeks. Excited to see what upgrades come out for the vehicle and could possibly post mods that I will be doing. The plan as it stands will be to start with audio while I wait for aftermarket performance parts as well as put some mileage on the motor.

Grew up a ford enthusiast from my family. Decided to go back the ecoboost route from a 5.0 f150. Prior to that I had a 12 Taurus sho which I thoroughly enjoyed. Hopefully I’ll say the same for the explorer once it gets here!
Congrats and welcome!

Reactions
Congrats on your order!! I was never a fan of white cars but I do love my Star White Met Tri-coat

Attachments

Reactions
What's up early adopters, Mike here. Took delivery of my ST two days ago, now at 176 miles. Came from a very bad Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel experience; it was a 2014, first model year for the diesel. So I have learned nothing as I plunge into the new model year of the Explorer. :) I'm enjoying the car so far, BUT... there's a leak on my garage floor. That's not good! Any idea on what that might be? I'm babying the car as I break it in, haven't really gotten into the throttle yet. Looking forward this adventure!

Attachments

Reactions
Hello everyone. First time ford owner. We love our new rapid red ST. Looking forward to many adventures with it. Coming from a GMC Acadia and the driving experience is night and day.
Only 75 miles so far. We’ve had it for almost a week.

Reactions
Hello everyone. First time ford owner. We love our new rapid red ST. Looking forward to many adventures with it. Coming from a GMC Acadia and the driving experience is night and day.
Only 75 miles so far. We’ve had it for almost a week.

Congrats and welcome!

Genostan

Reactions
First Time Ford owner....Black Explorer ST bought new...now with over 4000 miles on it. A few warranty issues but otherwise looking forward to seeing what this thing is capable of tuned and driven daily. Coming from a '16 Yukon Denali

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
First Time Ford owner....Black Explorer ST bought new...now with over 4000 miles on it. A few warranty issues but otherwise looking forward to seeing what this thing is capable of tuned and driven daily. Coming from a '16 Yukon Denali
Congrats! post up some photos.

Reactions
First time Ford owner. Bought my ST after many months of back and forth with different cars. There are things I love and things I don't love about my Explorer ST but more that I love that keeps me smiling. I went with a black, all options, and the high performance brake/wheel package (not the street package). I'm looking forward to sharing what I have learned and learning what others can share. Now off I go to dig into the discussions....

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
First time Ford owner. Bought my ST after many months of back and forth with different cars. There are things I love and things I don't love about my Explorer ST but more that I love that keeps me smiling. I went with a black, all options, and the high performance brake/wheel package (not the street package). I'm looking forward to sharing what I have learned and learning what others can share. Now off I go to dig into the discussions....
Congrats and welcome

Reactions
Hi
With us in the family we have a Ford Mondeo stv today. We have ordered Explorer ST which is due next year in February. The car is ordered in black and with everything that can follow. We are really looking forward to getting the car Dora the Explorer.jpg Elg exlporer.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Hi
With us in the family we have a Ford Mondeo stv today. We have ordered Explorer ST which is due next year in February. The car is ordered in black and with everything that can follow. We are really looking forward to getting the car
Congrats and welcome!

Reactions
Have been driving a Corvette (2009 and 2014) for the last ten years. I don't career for the looks of the new Corvette and I wanted something a little bigger, but still had the performance. My friends at Ford were very surprised I traded in my Corvette, but I am very happy with my ST. Got tired of trying to dodge everything (debris, potholes, auto parts, ladders, couches, etc.) on the California roads. My wife drives a 2017 Explorer Sport, so I am not new to the explorer. The ST is definitely an upgrade IMHO.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Have been driving a Corvette (2009 and 2014) for the last ten years. I don't career for the looks of the new Corvette and I wanted something a little bigger, but still had the performance. My friends at Ford were very surprised I traded in my Corvette, but I am very happy with my ST. Got tired of trying to dodge everything (debris, potholes, auto parts, ladders, couches, etc.) on the California roads. My wife drives a 2017 Explorer Sport, so I am not new to the explorer. The ST is definitely an upgrade IMHO.
Congrats!

Reactions
Hello all. not yet an Explorer ST owner. Serious research has me narrowed down on the ST. Trolling this site so I thought I'd come clean and register. Concerned about some of the comments from new owners with electronics issues and fit and finish. Currently own a 2008 F150 XLT 5.4. 200k worry free miles. Need something new that has some stones and doesn't ride like a boat. More to come when I pull the trigger. Very interested in performance tuning, hopefully the aftermarket will catch up quickly.

Reactions
Hello all. not yet an Explorer ST owner. Serious research has me narrowed down on the ST. Trolling this site so I thought I'd come clean and register. Concerned about some of the comments from new owners with electronics issues and fit and finish. Currently own a 2008 F150 XLT 5.4. 200k worry free miles. Need something new that has some stones and doesn't ride like a boat. More to come when I pull the trigger. Very interested in performance tuning, hopefully the aftermarket will catch up quickly.
Welcome, have fun with the car shopping.

NeilD

Reactions
I'm Neil from Essex, CT. Bought my red Explorer ST on October 11, 2019. Traded in my 2017 Explorer Sport. Love the ST and all the gizmos. Worthy upgrade to the Sport. 7C979CAA-CB85-4CDE-8015-989E1F2CEADE.jpeg

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
I'm Neil from Essex, CT. Bought my red Explorer ST on October 11, 2019. Traded in my 2017 Explorer Sport. Love the ST and all the gizmos. Worthy upgrade to the Sport. View attachment 164
Congrats and welcome aboard