Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Welcome to the Explorer ST Forum, please post an introduction

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hi everyone, new member here. I got my 2020 Explorer ST back in December 2019, had it for a while now :) I've kept it pretty much stock (it's the family hauler), the only mods are a Thermal R&D 2.5" cat back exhaust (sounds really good), and a J&L catch can. I've also got a Thule roof rack on it, an Auto Start/Stop eliminator, and I added in an additional Rockford Fosgate amp and JL Audo 10" subwoofer. Otherwise, bone stock :) Oh! And black lug nuts, to replace the silly silver ones.

This is my first new Ford and the experience has been...not super great. I feel like this might have been the first ST to roll off the line (I'm pretty sure it wasn't, but it sure feels like it sometimes) and thus all the gremlins/issues that have yet to be worked out...were not yet worked out. But that's how it goes, drives great though! My only other Ford was a 95 Mustang GT that I used for autocrossing for little while (that car has its own story). Sold that to a friend and now I autocross my 2011 Subaru STI.

Anyhoo, happy to be here!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
What’s up all. Just recently traded in a Dodge Daytona for a 2020 ST. I’ll miss that V8 rumble for sure but these ST’s are insane. Looking forward to finding inspiration for mods and upgrades!
Welcome to the forum

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hi everyone, new member here. I got my 2020 Explorer ST back in December 2019, had it for a while now :) I've kept it pretty much stock (it's the family hauler), the only mods are a Thermal R&D 2.5" cat back exhaust (sounds really good), and a J&L catch can. I've also got a Thule roof rack on it, an Auto Start/Stop eliminator, and I added in an additional Rockford Fosgate amp and JL Audo 10" subwoofer. Otherwise, bone stock :) Oh! And black lug nuts, to replace the silly silver ones.

This is my first new Ford and the experience has been...not super great. I feel like this might have been the first ST to roll off the line (I'm pretty sure it wasn't, but it sure feels like it sometimes) and thus all the gremlins/issues that have yet to be worked out...were not yet worked out. But that's how it goes, drives great though! My only other Ford was a 95 Mustang GT that I used for autocrossing for little while (that car has its own story). Sold that to a friend and now I autocross my 2011 Subaru STI.

Welcome.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
I finally took delivery this past Friday!
CE47B890-1B34-41C6-BA54-3F2A08DA6BDC.jpeg FCFAE8CB-D359-42D6-A841-5A4DC3CB3104.jpeg

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

IdahoJoeST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Hey all, Joe from Boise, ID. I have been a "Ford guy" for years, and finally got my dream 2018 Explorer Sport in White Platinum metallic back in '18. I enjoyed that car for 3 years and then upgraded to the 2021 Explorer ST in Infinite Blue Metallic. I was blown away by the difference in performance, the technology/creature comforts, and the overall fit and finish. These ST's have so much pep even bone-stock. It hauls our little family camp trailer no sweat, and has been a joy to drive. Overall, no major problems with it. Some Sync 3 quirks, but my prior Explorer had Sync issues too, so I have more or less learned to live with them and can usually work out the kinks with a soft reset. Happy to be a part of the group here.
64877917157__AADBD09A-81B6-4A3A-825B-BB93FDD3F8BB.fullsizerender.jpg

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hey all, Joe from Boise, ID. I have been a "Ford guy" for years, and finally got my dream 2018 Explorer Sport in White Platinum metallic back in '18. I enjoyed that car for 3 years and then upgraded to the 2021 Explorer ST in Infinite Blue Metallic. I was blown away by the difference in performance, the technology/creature comforts, and the overall fit and finish. These ST's have so much pep even bone-stock. It hauls our little family camp trailer no sweat, and has been a joy to drive. Overall, no major problems with it. Some Sync 3 quirks, but my prior Explorer had Sync issues too, so I have more or less learned to live with them and can usually work out the kinks with a soft reset. Happy to be a part of the group here.
View attachment 16777
Welcome to the forum.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
View attachment 16777
Welcome to the forum. If your Explorer has the one bolt rear differential you might want to consider either the AWR or ID Speed rear brace.
https://store.awrracing.com/2020-ford-explorer-st-differential-mount/
https://idspeedshop.com/id-speed-2020-explorer-st-rear-diff-brace/
Both are well made and since you tow it might be worth it.

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
Hello from SOCAL! picked up a new ST the other day for the wife. Got it in Iconic Silver Metallic with Ebony leather -trimmed interior. This thing is pretty damn fun to drive!! Looking forward to checking out others on here.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hello from SOCAL! picked up a new ST the other day for the wife. Got it in Iconic Silver Metallic with Ebony leather -trimmed interior. This thing is pretty damn fun to drive!! Looking forward to checking out others on here.
Welcome to the forum

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Hello I'm Liver, live in South Florida and just bought my first 2022 Red Explorer ST AWD on 3/3/23 used with 3,200 miles on the odometer. Decision was made after the engine in my 2010 Taurus SHO finally gave up and renting cars the last 4 weeks was getting expensive. Found and stalked the ST online 28 days without movement decided it was time to pursue 3 days of haggling back and forth settled on a price drove 3hours across Florida sealed the deal then returned the rental to a nearby major airport then drove home by 2a ESt.

What's next? Ordered Borla exhaust system s-type with black tips and will be wrapping the roof in black. Will do as much bolt on as possible and maybe, just maybe may consider ordering Ford's performance tune for $895. For now, i will enjoy it stock until that runs its course.

Front.jpg

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello I'm Liver, live in South Florida and just bought my first 2022 Red Explorer ST AWD on 3/3/23 used with 3,200 miles on the odometer. Decision was made after the engine in my 2010 Taurus SHO finally gave up and renting cars the last 4 weeks was getting expensive. Found and stalked the ST online 28 days without movement decided it was time to pursue 3 days of haggling back and forth settled on a price drove 3hours across Florida sealed the deal then returned the rental to a nearby major airport then drove home by 2a ESt.

What's next? Ordered Borla exhaust system s-type with black tips and will be wrapping the roof in black. Will do as much bolt on as possible and maybe, just maybe may consider ordering Ford's performance tune for $895. For now, i will enjoy it stock until that runs its course.

View attachment 16787
Congratulations and welcome.

SauldM

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2015 PIU
Hello and welcome to Explorer ST Forum, the premier community for Explorer ST owners from around the world. Please take a moment and post your introduction and let us know a little bit about yourselves.
Thank you for accepting me. Trying to get few issues resolved on my 2015 ford PIU.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST

View attachment 16787
Welcome to the forum

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
My name is Butch, hello everyone just purchased my 3rd Explorer. A 97 Eddie Bauer V8, 06 Limited V8 and now a 20 Explorer ST.

1slow20

Reactions
Vehicle
Hello everyone, I am Chris from north east Florida. just picked up a 2020 ST with 28k on it. All stock for now but looking to learning more about this vehicle and upgrades.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello everyone, I am Chris from north east Florida. just picked up a 2020 ST with 28k on it. All stock for now but looking to learning more about this vehicle and upgrades.
Welcome Chris and congratulations.