Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Welcome to the Explorer ST Forum, please post an introduction

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Ford Flex
(y)

Tell me about it.

The Aurora Black Stinger GT I had needed a dose of ceramic detail spray at least twice a week. My Iconic Silver ST, about once a month. Lol

Speaking of black vehicles, that's the first Agate Black ST I've seen with the 20' wheels/tires. That thing is sharp, more pics please!

Tint legal?
^ 20% to match the other windows and sun visor tint at 5%. Never had issues in Indiana or when traveling, had 20% on all my cars since late 80's Even at 20% they look a little lighter when the sun shines through the big front windshield. I personally wouldn't get the 33-35%. I had 1 car with it and changed it 3 months later. I had all of them at the 35% and you could barely tell you even had tint done.
the ST is 20%, and
*For reference the Pic attached... The Jeep in the background is 20% and the Mazda Suv was all 35%

Attachments

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
^ 20% to match the other windows and sun visor tint at 5%. Never had issues in Indiana or when traveling, had 20% on all my cars since late 80's Even at 20% they look a little lighter when the sun shines through the big front windshield. I personally wouldn't get the 33-35%. I had 1 car with it and changed it 3 months later. I had all of them at the 35% and you could barely tell you even had tint done.
the ST is 20%, and
*For reference the Pic attached... The Jeep in the background is 20% and the Mazda Suv was all 35%
Thanks, that was a ton of info.

Where I live, the law reads: "The windshield and front side windows cannot block more than 30% of the light."

So for me the 33-35% would be illegal.

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Ford Flex
Thanks, that was a ton of info.

Where I live, the law reads: "The windshield and front side windows cannot block more than 30% of the light."

So for me the 33-35% would be illegal.
^Thanks, The police in my area almost all the squad cars(explorers or durangos) have Limo 5% tint on their windows. The 33-35% range tint would be Legal technically, check with a few tint shops. The only time I have ever seen anyone get in trouble with too dark of a tinted window if you are doing something illegal or out of town maybe drawing attention to yourself(loud music,etc...) Police have better things to do. I have talked myself out of many tickets and tint has never even come up at all, ever. Not even when I was a young teenage HAHA. *Get what you feel comfortable with*. Also, any Ceramic tint will block UV and keep your ST a little cooler in the hot sun too.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
... I have talked myself out of many tickets and tint has never even come up at all, ever. Not even when I was a young teenage HAHA. *Get what you feel comfortable with*...
Back in the day, I was stopped for tinted windows and ticketed. No speeding, no drinking, nothing. Just tinted windows.

I was told if I removed the tint by the court date that the fine would be dropped. So I removed it, it was a real PITA.

From that day forward I vowed never to tint any of my cars ever again. Promises Made! Promises Kept!

GalaxyGirl

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Good Morning All,

I purchased my Lily, 2020 ST a few months back. Happy to be here and have the opportunity to connect and learn from you all.

Attachments

GalaxyGirl

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
20220416_191134.jpg 20220416_191134.jpg

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Good Morning All,

I purchased my Lily, 2020 ST a few months back. Happy to be here and have the opportunity to connect and learn from you all.
Welcome to the ST life. Enjoy.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Good Morning All,

Welcome to the forum

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Good Morning All,

I thought this was a Durango SRT forum? (Lol jk)

Enter here at your own risk, it's guaranteed you'll spending many hours here.:)

Abigor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Greetings from Poland, my 2020 ST is finally at home, after over a year since I've purchased it from IAAI. Front right was quite badly smashed. And now it's up and running.
In the background it's predecessor S-Max 2012, 2liter Ecoboost 240hp, and the blue 2007 Focus ST being currently at 290hp and 500 torque.
Cheers,
Maciej

Attachments

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Greetings from Poland, my 2020 ST is finally at home, after over a year since I've purchased it from IAAI. Front right was quite badly smashed. And now it's up and running.
In the background it's predecessor S-Max 2012, 2liter Ecoboost 240hp, and the blue 2007 Focus ST being currently at 290hp and 500 torque.
Cheers,
Maciej
Welcome.

joeboe

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
Hello and welcome to Explorer ST Forum, the premier community for Explorer ST owners from around the world. Please take a moment and post your introduction and let us know a little bit about yourselves.
My name is Joe and I just bought a new 2022 Explorer ST and I am in love with it. My wife drives a 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 with Coyotes engine (not a motor people, it is an engine! :)) I live in Madera California and will have a Whipple inner cooler installed tomorrow...can't wait to feel the difference.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My name is Joe and I just bought a new 2022 Explorer ST and I am in love with it. My wife drives a 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 with Coyotes engine (not a motor people, it is an engine! :)) I live in Madera California and will have a Whipple inner cooler installed tomorrow...can't wait to feel the difference.
Welcome Joe.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Cheers,
Maciej
God Bless Poland! You guys are holding down the fort for democracy and sanity in that part of the world.(y)

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Cheers,
Maciej
Welcome to the forum

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
New Explorer ST owner here! My name is David and I reside in Houston. I finally made the switch after realizing the Focus ST was not gonna cut it as a family car. 1 car seat and it was cramped!

Attachments

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
New Explorer ST owner here! My name is David and I reside in Houston. I finally made the switch after realizing the Focus ST was not gonna cut it as a family car. 1 car seat and it was cramped!
Welcome to the forum

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Did you keep the Focus ST? They make for a darn nice looking pair of vehicles.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hello everyone, my name is Shane I just traded in my 2016 F150 for a Rapid Red 2021 Explorer ST with Prem Tech. Loving this TT 3.0l 6, and the ride quality is immaculate!

Last edited: