Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Weird drive and dash

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Today i parked my car, left it running, opened the door, got back in and when I went to pull off the dash was different. Car stayed in first gear and it showed traction control was off?? Then I put in neutral and back in drive. It didn’t fix the issue. I then tried to paddle shift and it didn’t work. Next I changed driving mode to normal. It fixed the issue. On the dash, it had a “2” after park, drive etc. any advice?

hbalek

Reactions
Today i parked my car, left it running, opened the door, got back in and when I went to pull off the dash was different. Car stayed in first gear and it showed traction control was off?? Then I put in neutral and back in drive. It didn’t fix the issue. I then tried to paddle shift and it didn’t work. Next I changed driving mode to normal. It fixed the issue. On the dash, it had a “2” after park, drive etc. any advice?
You were in another drive mode? Maybe Deep Snow/Mud or Trail? Slippery, Eco, Sport and Tow would not do that.

OP
StellaST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
That makes sense, except I didn’t touch anything! So weird.