Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Water in driver footwell

Drayday55

Reactions
Hey Guys. Does anyone know if the sunroof drain runs in the driver side pillar ? I have wet floor only at the driver side front. I'm checking the cowel tonight.

Last edited:

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your water problem. Good luck on repairing it.

Dram789

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
I had this issue in the passenger foot area. Ended up being the plastic along the battery cover that had warped. It was replaced under warranty

OP
D

Drayday55

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I saw that above my battery the intake vent was open. Everything looks tight there. We have had the car since Feb 2020. This is the first leak. I think its either from a previous windshield replacement or a disconnected sunroof drain. I'll do some testing later to sort it out. I wanted to see if anyone knows if the roof drain runs down the driver a pillar.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
imagen2(705).jpg
roof panel drains.

F=MA

Reactions
If someone changed the battery or windshield it could be the improper reinstallation of the large plastic cowl trim at the base of the windshield allowing water to leak in by the cabin air filter and end up on the passenger floor area. Make sure the trim is tight against the whole length of the lower windshield edge. I believe there is a tiny weather strip between the bottom edge of the windshield and the upper edge of the large plastic cowl trim at the base of the windshield.

SLN~us~en~file=E302811_EUR_580_JPG~gen~ref.JPG

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
This ^^ I had my windshield replaced and started to get water on the passenger floor during heavy rain. Someone told me to check the cowl trim and make sure it was fully seated against the glass. I checked mine and sure enough, it wasn't seated properly, so I fixed that and the water has not returned. That was two years ago.

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
This ^^ I had my windshield replaced and started to get water on the passenger floor during heavy rain. Someone told me to check the cowl trim and make sure it was fully seated against the glass. I checked mine and sure enough, it wasn't seated properly, so I fixed that and the water has not returned. That was two years ago.
I had the same exact issue and solution to water in my passenger floor. Seems like a common problem, especially since it can be hard to tell if the cowl is fully snapped into place unless you hear/feel it happen.

Explorer ST Posts