Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Update! New system is in…..after the trash situation.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Finally was able to get in with a great guy in GA referred to me by another fellow ST owner. I had a bad situation occur about a month ago. Chop shop in town cut out my speakers and sold me trash to put in. It was awful. With the advice from a few of you I fought with the owner and they paid for the install with this new guy and exchanged equipment for me. I decided to upgraded to JL 2 series tweeters and lower door speakers plus the VX1000/5i amp. Wow. What a difference. Still getting used to it but overall very happy. Glad it’s over. Now to listen to some tunes.
I do have a Brand New punch 1000 Rockford five channel amp for sale if anybody is interested. It’s never even been taken out of the box. I had to exchange the old garbage they put in my car for something they carry, but ultimately decided to upgrade to JL.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Glad it all worked out! My install puts a smile on my face every time I’m driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
StellaST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Glad it all worked out! My install puts a smile on my face every time I’m driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makes such a difference right? Wish I could do it myself but i have no clue. I just know how i want it to sound.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Glad you’re finally happy with it. Hopefully the first shop goes out of business or hires people that know WTF they’re doing.

Reactions
Finally was able to get in with a great guy in GA referred to me by another fellow ST owner. I had a bad situation occur about a month ago. Chop shop in town cut out my speakers and sold me trash to put in. It was awful. With the advice from a few of you I fought with the owner and they paid for the install with this new guy and exchanged equipment for me. I decided to upgraded to JL 2 series tweeters and lower door speakers plus the VX1000/5i amp. Wow. What a difference. Still getting used to it but overall very happy. Glad it’s over. Now to listen to some tunes.
I do have a Brand New punch 1000 Rockford five channel amp for sale if anybody is interested. It’s never even been taken out of the box. I had to exchange the old garbage they put in my car for something they carry, but ultimately decided to upgrade to JL.
What speakers did you put in the lower doors? I have Polks and they're okay but are 6-1/2", really want to go back to the 6x9's and wondering if JL has an option now or if Focal is the only one out there.

OP
StellaST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
What speakers did you put in the lower doors? I have Polks and they're okay but are 6-1/2", really want to go back to the 6x9's and wondering if JL has an option now or if Focal is the only one out there.
I did the c2 series 6 by 9 in front and 6.5 in back. Love them.

Reactions
Ah okay so 3way 6x9's up front plus the tweeter and not a 6x9 component setup right?

OP
StellaST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Correct. I’ll be honest. I don’t know much about stereos, but I am a huge music lover and just know how I like it to sound.