Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Uhg - Discovered new ST has cracked windshield!

Reactions
Washed our ST for the first time tonight and as I was drying it noticed there is a good size crack in lower corner of windshield. Must have been there at delivery and I just didn’t see it. It isn’t visible from inside the car, and can only really see it in certain light. There is no chip from an impact, so must have been from factory. Going to ask dealer to replace…hopefully they will! E7DA13A5-ECFB-485B-961A-6118F3F48BF4.jpeg

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Sure can't see where it might have taken a rock. It probably has been there since delivery

OP
ScottZL1
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Sure can't see where it might have taken a rock. It probably has been there since delivery
I found a photo we took at the dealer on the night of delivery before we drove off, and the crack is there (if you zoom in close enough). So now have proof to back it up! Good news I suppose. CC42DB3B-FB14-4571-9217-7B0BD4222F29.png

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Glad you have the pic. I can see you getting a hard time about it otherwise. I once brought a one year old BMW in for servicing and it had an 18" crack in the windshield when I picked it up! That dealership treated me like a criminal trying to scam them!