Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tune/Warranty Question

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I have a ASE shop willing to give me a receipt for installing the Ford tune, but I install myself.

Got me thinking..can a dealer tell the difference what tune you have? Can I have the shop give me the receipt for installing the Ford tune and I go ahead and throw a ZFG or other tune on it?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
If they look they can easily tell. But why would you do that? I mean tune it privately then expect Ford to cover it if you blow it up? Just own the loss of warranty and get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Thanks, but I wouldn't feel the least bit of sympathy for Ford if I say blow up my weak ass 1 bolt with a tune because they neglected to put the right parts on. I would gladly put it on them to warranty out. Think I feel bad for Ford lol.

Question still stands: Can they tell the difference in tunes?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
They can absolutely tell the difference.

OP
R
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the answer without the lecture!

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks for the answer without the lecture!
You shouldn't ask the question if you don't want a persons opinion. Just my 2cents worth.

OP
R
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
True, but I wouldn't feel the need to preach my opinion (you know what opinions are like) on a straight forward technical question. I don't need my morality judged. And let's be real, if Ford couldn't tell the difference a lot of people would do what I was thinking to keep their warranty