Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tune Only 1/4 Mile and 0-60 Record

Reactions
Thanks to Adam@ZFGRacing my physically stock Explorer ST is now in the 11’s. Only thing that is different is E50 and a tune.

3.79 0-60
11.97 1/4

Here are the Dragy results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's a pretty cool "G" spike there in the middle... I bet you can feel that quite a bit...

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #22
That's a pretty cool "G" spike there in the middle... I bet you can feel that quite a bit...
Yes, that is a shift. We have worked on the 1-2, and 2-3...and minimized that peak, and decreased the time. It is even better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
What app do you use for your fuel mixture to get the E50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #24
What app do you use for your fuel mixture to get the E50?

E85 Mix...Looks like this on iPhone.

Reactions
Quick question, is it possible to have two tunes? One for regular 91 (in California) and another for e50?

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Quick question, is it possible to have two tunes? One for regular 91 (in California) and another for e50?
Yes just swap them out after you fill up. 91 to E50, do your mixture at the pump then pull into a parking space and swap out the tunes.

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #28
Yes just swap them out after you fill up. 91 to E50, do your mixture at the pump then pull into a parking space and swap out the tunes.

I actually swap while Pumping. Works perfectly timing wise.

Reactions
I believe it, i can pull a 0-60 in 4.35 with Adams tune on 93 with whipple intercooler, dual port BOV only.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I believe it, i can pull a 0-60 in 4.35 with Adams tune on 93 with whipple intercooler, dual port BOV only.
Nice. Adam does a great job with his tunes. I ran 4.41 with no mods except for a K&N filter.

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #32
4.06 is my best 0-60 on 93, and all I have is an AFE Dry Drop-in. My temps and DA were perfect that night. Running 93 right now to see if I can repeat that, plus get a video for the doubters in the FB group...

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
4.06 is my best 0-60 on 93, and all I have is an AFE Dry Drop-in. My temps and DA were perfect that night. Running 93 right now to see if I can repeat that, plus get a video for the doubters in the FB group...

can you upload the video to YouTube and share it here as well?

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions

That’s awesome. I don’t doubt it whatsoever. I know I ran 4.41 and felt I didn’t have my best run. I am happy with it though.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions

I have no doubt I can go 4.0 when the weather breaks down here. We’ve made several revisions and it just keeps getting better. Pulled on a 392 Charger this weekend from a 30 roll. That guy said he was sure he’s walk me...I thought he would too. lol

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #36
I have no doubt I can go 4.0 when the weather breaks down here. We’ve made several revisions and it just keeps getting better. Pulled on a 392 Charger this weekend from a 30 roll. That guy said he was sure he’s walk me...I thought he would too. lol
Haha! The IC is definitely helping you on the roll. The factory IC as you know is WAY to small, and sustained runs, build heat quick and the motor starts pulling timing.

Gonna see what I can do with these cool evenings.

Reactions
Curious to see how long these motors/trans last with some added power to them.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I would think it depends on how often you use the extra power. Mine is just there as needed. I don’t max out the performance every time I drive so hopefully it doesn’t affect the longevity too much.

Reactions
I’m sure just fine, if ford is engineering these engines so close to their failure points they wouldn’t last long. Look at their 5.0 for example. I’m sure the drivetrain in these explorers can handle the additional 75 hp.

Reactions
I’m sure just fine, if ford is engineering these engines so close to their failure points they wouldn’t last long. Look at their 5.0 for example. I’m sure the drivetrain in these explorers can handle the additional 75 hp.
It isn't the HP I am really concerned with, it is the torque and the transmission/clutches. I am curious how long they will last with 500AWHP for example.