Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tune Only 1/4 Mile and 0-60 Record

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thanks to Adam@ZFGRacing my physically stock Explorer ST is now in the 11’s. Only thing that is different is E50 and a tune.

3.79 0-60
11.97 1/4

Here are the Dragy results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Wow. That’s amazing. So you only did the tune and changed your fuel to an E85 and 93 octane 50/50 mixture? Do you have to do this every time or just when you are drag racing? Mines a daily driver so don’t want it to radical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Wow. That’s amazing. So you only did the tune and changed your fuel to an E85 and 93 octane 50/50 mixture? Do you have to do this every time or just when you are drag racing? Mines a daily driver so don’t want it to radical.

It's not exactly a 50/50 mix it depends on the content of each. There are a lot of calculators out there to help out with task of blending.

If you are going to run an e50 tune you have to mix every time, or you need to switch the tune out. I also have e85 packages available, with the upgraded hpfp so you can run e85 all the time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Sounds good. Do you have 93 octane tune?

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Sounds good. Do you have 93 octane tune?

Yes he does!

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
"physically stock" lol
As in no hardware change. No upgraded Pump, no upgraded IC, stock all season’s, on stock 21 inch wheels.

The speed is gained by E50 and a tune. No other hardware.

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
As in no hardware change. No upgraded Pump, no upgraded IC, stock all season’s, on stock 21 inch wheels.

The speed is gained by E50 and a tune. No other hardware.

oh I get it, it's just a phrase I've never heard before...I've seen people generally say "tune only"

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
oh I get it, it's just a phrase I've never heard before...I've seen people generally say "tune only"
In my brain “tune only”, means regular gas(93) and a tune. Basically drive it off the lot, and tune it.

I like that clarity of “physically stock”, because I am modding the fuel and adding a tune. I think the added effort of mixing is WELL worth it.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Where is the time slip or video?
Dragy results are generally within a hundredth or so of track times. It’s a very accurate device. Friends have tested them on ProMod cars just for fun and they’re dead nuts on even on 200+ mph passes.

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Where is the time slip or video?
HaHa, Kinda hard to get slips, when Tracks all around me have been closed. My local track still is!

Like was said above Dragy has been proven to be VERY accurate. This is a GPS hardware unit dedicated to this app and function. Go do a little reading.

Others with E50 ZFG tunes have very similar times to mine posted above.

Recently did this 3.80 with a positive DA. Just to show this isn’t a fluke, and does not happen with just really good conditions.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
HaHa, Kinda hard to get slips, when Tracks all around me have been closed. My local track still is!

Like was said above Dragy has been proven to be VERY accurate. This is a GPS hardware unit dedicated to this app and function. Go do a little reading.

Others with E50 ZFG tunes have very similar times to mine posted above.

Recently did this 3.80 with a positive DA. Just to show this isn’t a fluke, and does not happen with just really good conditions.

Awesome results! What is positive DA?

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Any recommendations on a high pressure fuel pump? Haven’t decided on E85 or 93 octane yet. Would a high pressure fuel pump have any benefit on a 93 octane vehicle?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Not really but you’ll need the XDI pump for E85 for sure. You can run an E50 blend on the stock pump and get damn near to E85 performance.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Not really but you’ll need the XDI pump for E85 for sure. You can run an E50 blend on the stock pump and get damn near to E85 performance.
Cool. I’m in Germany now and don’t recall if they have E85 or not. Another question, does any of this effect the lifespan of the motor? Will an engine that is run on 93 last longer than one on E85 or visa Versa? This is all new to me to thanks for your patience.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Anything you turn the power up on that high will most likely have a reduced lifespan. How reduced? That can’t be answered.
It’s all part of the game...everyone has to decide for themselves whether to play it or not.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Anything you turn the power up on that high will most likely have a reduced lifespan. How reduced? That can’t be answered.
It’s all part of the game...everyone has to decide for themselves whether to play it or not.
Good point.