Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Traxda Lift

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
How are you liking the AT3s on your ST? I’m tempted to replace my KO2s. The road noise is louder than my exhaust.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
How are you liking the AT3s on your ST? I’m tempted to replace my KO2s. The road noise is louder than my exhaust.
Smooth ride not loud at all honestly pretty predictable

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Traxda 1.5
Enkie 18”
265/70 falken wild peak AT3
1.25 spacer in front
1.5 spacers in back
AFE cold air
JnL catch can
Are the wheels 18x8.5 +35? And any issues with rub? Looks really nice.
I have the AT3w on my F250 and they ride much better than the Ridge Grappler I had previously. I would recommend especially dollar for dollar.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Are the wheels 18x8.5 +35? And any issues with rub? Looks really nice.

I have the AT3w on my F250 and they ride much better than the Ridge Grappler I had previously. I would recommend especially dollar for dollar.
Thank you
Wheels are 18x8 +35mm
I had to do some “cali mod” hammering on the front inner fenders but the felt liners covers it. They make a little
Contact with the liners at full tilt but nothing damaging.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thank you
Wheels are 18x8 +35mm
I had to do some “cali mod” hammering on the front inner fenders but the felt liners covers it. They make a little
Contact with the liners at full tilt but nothing damaging.
Great info. Thanks. I have used heat to adjust the plastic inner fenders in the past in addition to crash bar flips and cutting. We had 285/50r20s on the factory sport wheels on our 2016 Explorer with a minor rub at full lock.. I may back off to a 32.1" AT3w since it's the wife's car. I don't need questions on "what's that noise".

Ronin2167

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
What's the width of your 18s?
Got the traxada lift a few months ago. Feels great! Such a smoother ride with the 18’s. No real loss of power feel. Decent fuel economy. Zero vibration.
Not the best pics. Haven’t taken the time for a real photo shoot yet
'

Reactions
After some time now, how is the Traxada lift kit? Any issues or complaints?

Reactions
Vehicle
‘21 Explorer ST
New guy here but not new to explorers or car work.

I saw in another post you said the wheels in the pictures were 18x9. I'm only seeing Outlanders in 18x8 on the black rhino site (really like the look). Can you confirm offset and if spacers are used? We used the traxda on our '16 Sport and loved it. Only objection wife has to Explorers is the ride height.

Committed to buy a new Carbonized ST yesterday and just awaiting the rear camera harness. Planning on an intercooler, tune, lift, wheels, tires and mud flaps :)

Thanks for your info!
You’re right, I don’t know why I put that, they are definitely 18x8 +35 offset. I did try some 0.5” spacers and rubbed EVERYWHERE. Interested in trying the 1.25” but my tires are a little fatter, maybe I’ll try some this summer. I would love a little more “poke” from the wheels.
I’m running Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws (275/65/18) as well and LOVE them! Had them on my F-150 for a couple years now and they are great in Salt Lake winters and not too noisy in the highway.
I don’t think we have had any issues with the lift. I have had a rear vertical control arm shear off inexplicable by the dealership AND we just replaced our rear axle on warranty. My dealership kept telling me the rear bolt recall wasnt required but they also had it for 4 weeks to swap the axle and wait on the equipment for the recall and told me this is first one they had done. I wonder if they said it was fine because they didn’t want to do it.