Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Transmission troubles

SVTLX

Reactions
Wow, can’t believe this is happening! I’m glad I found this out before I purchased the ST I’ve been drooling over. I have a 2017 Ruby Red Explorer Sport and had a appointment today to trade it in for an Atlas Blue ST. But after reading about the numerous ST’s having tranny issues I canceled my appointment. Anyone know if Ford has fix this tranny issue with the current STs on the dealer lots? I’m thinking of waiting for the 2021 model with hopes that all the bugs get fixed by then.

Reactions
yes, make sure the built date is Jan 2020 or newer and you’ll be fine. I missed mine by a few months. But the service is amazing. The parts should be delivered tomorrow and I should have my ST back by the end of the week or sooner.

Reactions
Wow, can’t believe this is happening! I’m glad I found this out before I purchased the ST I’ve been drooling over. I have a 2017 Ruby Red Explorer Sport and had a appointment today to trade it in for an Atlas Blue ST. But after reading about the numerous ST’s having tranny issues I canceled my appointment. Anyone know if Ford has fix this tranny issue with the current STs on the dealer lots? I’m thinking of waiting for the 2021 model with hopes that all the bugs get fixed by then.
@SleeperST is right @SVTLX , everyone with build dates in 2020 have been really good as far as we can tell. my late march build has been flawless.

SVTLX

Reactions
That’s great to hear, we really like the look of the ST. Guess i’ll call to reschedule my appointment and verify the build date!

Reactions
Update - Still waiting on parts :-( getting sick of this Ford Fusion loaner vehicle. Hopefully get a good update later today.

SVTLX

Reactions
That sucks, I can’t believe it’s taken that long. We decided to hold off and wait for the 2021 ST. Our Sport has be great so waiting isn’t a problem.
Hope they fix your ST soon!