Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Transmission Stuck in Park

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello Everyone! I took delivery of my 2022 Explorer ST August 2022. I have really enjoyed the last few months with this SUV and am absolutely loving it!

I am currently having some problems with my Explorer. While driving home on November 10, 2022 a bunch of warning lights came up on the dash. I was only a couple of kilometres from home so I continued driving. The vehicle was shifting really rough all of a sudden and the following error codes were on the instrument cluster:

- SHIFT SYS FAULT
- BLIND SPOT SYSTEM FAULT
- PRE-COLLISION ASSIST NOT AVAILABLE
- BLIND SPOT SYSTEM FAULT
- CROSS TRAFFIC SYSTEM FAULT
- HILL DESCENT CONTROL FAULT

I safely made a video to document the problem.

The Drive gear light was also flashing as you can see in the video. The Back-up Camera also did not work when I reversed into my driveway. I turned the rotary gear selector to “Park” and the cluster showed “Park not Available”. My only option to park the vehicle was to leave the vehicle in Neutral and use the parking brake.

I was hoping after re-starting the vehicle the issue may go away, however instead, I was surprised to find out that the vehicle would not shift out of park. The rotary gear selector would turn to any gear I chose, however the second I took my foot of the pedal, the parking brake would automatically set itself, and the rotary gear selector would automatically turn itself to “Park”.

I then used CAA to tow my Explorer to my dealer on November 10, 2022. The dealer has since replaced the PCM Harness and Re-flashed the entire software on the car. I am following up often and they keep saying their shop foreman and technician are working close with Ford Canada to find the root cause of the problem.

I scavenged through the forum to find out if anyone else has had a similar issue as mine but found nothing. I will be documenting any updates I get from the dealer here as well.

Any advice on this matter will greatly be appreciated, I am not too familiar with lemon laws in Canada.

Background:
- Bone Stock. No mods whatsoever
- Daily Driven. Occasional spirited driving
- Odometer: 8048 kilometres or 5000 miles

Attachments

Reactions
From what I have read on this site when multiple faults happen it is usually related to the battery or possibly the alternator.