Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Traffic displayed in Nav?

Reactions
Only had our ST a couple weeks but I noticed that about 10% of the time I can see traffic indicated on the Nav display. It will display Green/Yellow/Red on streets and freeways for the traffic. Any idea why it doesn't show all the time? Seems to be rare it actually shows up.

Reactions
Don't most apps relay on user input, if no one is feeding the app info it has nothing to report?

OP
ScottZL1
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Don't most apps relay on user input, if no one is feeding the app info it has nothing to report?
I'm not sure where Ford sources its traffic data from, but our Chevy Camaro and our previous BMW had traffic available all the time. Basically streets/highways that have no issues would always show green...and once issues were reported the color would change according to the current traffic flow.

Today we drove the ST 4 times, 1 of those 4 times there was traffic showing on the NAV (all green roads, so no slow downs reported)...the other 3 nothing at all (just the normal grey color for the roads). No matter how far you zoomed out or where you looked on the map. So something definitely isn't working quite right.

Reactions
I'm not sure where Ford sources its traffic data from, but our Chevy Camaro and our previous BMW had traffic available all the time. Basically streets/highways that have no issues would always show green...and once issues were reported the color would change according to the current traffic flow.

Today we drove the ST 4 times, 1 of those 4 times there was traffic showing on the NAV (all green roads, so no slow downs reported)...the other 3 nothing at all (just the normal grey color for the roads). No matter how far you zoomed out or where you looked on the map. So something definitely isn't working quite right.
The traffic service/data is from SiriusXM, not Ford. Where XM gets the traffic data I have no idea, but I noticed the same thing today where traffic doesn't always show. I've found the traffic data to be wrong many times anyway, so never really pay attention to it.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
People have been reporting that Sync 21020 with no traffic data or intermittent traffic. 21098 may have fixed it but the jury is still out.

Last edited:
Reactions
People have been reporting that Sync 21020 with no traffic data or intermittent traffic. 21098 may have fixed it but the jury is still out.
Yeah, the 21020 broke it for me, I've thought about using cyanlabs to upgrade to 21098 but read about some other issues people had with it. So I'm torn if I want to upgrade at this point.

OP
ScottZL1
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Ahh...maybe that is it. Our Sync did upgrade to 21020 like a week ago. Guess I'll wait for future updates. Not a huge deal, just not a fan of things working and not working on $60k vehicles. :)