Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

TPMS sensor reset

Bakerjaa1

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I recently took my 2022 to a Ford dealer to have two valve stems replaced due my negligence in putting metal caps on them and subsequently they fused metal to metal. Made a 3:30 appointment friday before Labor Day and an hour and a half later they informed me that could not reset the sensors and wondered if I could wait longer to have an experienced tech look at. Waited an another 30 minutes and they pulled my car up and said ready to go. Drove off and flipped to the tire pressure screen and they were reading from 36 to 80 PSI. Not fixed and before I came in to replace the valve stems they were working perfectly. Of course they were closed as i called back and won’t be open until Tuesday . I asked about who was going to correct their error or if I need to find another dealer . The service advisor did not have a good answer. Any thoughts on this ? Saw some videos on reset . Actually got it into learning mode and the only sensor reading is the left front. The rest just show blanks on the other wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions
I just went through this issue with my 2022. I got tired of trying to make the sensors work properly so I got on Amazon and bought a set of 4 315 Mhz sensors. 60 bucks. Bought my own sensor reset tool for 13 bucks.
put the car int relearn by pushing and releasing brake pedal once then push the start button 5 times. Push brake pedal one more time then push start button 6 times and it will go into learn mode with a pop up screen verifying it. Take one new sensor point the relearn tool at it and the horn will honk and screen will tell you it was successful that by the way was the LF wheel. Then the screen tells you next and you repeat which will be RF wheel. Continue to to RR then to LR. Then the screen will show successful. mark the sensor position on the sensor as you go along with a piece of tape with position LF,RF,RR,LR. Take the vehicle to a good tire store have them replace the sensors in the position you have marked. Drive vehicle and everything pops up in the correct position and you’re good to go. Worked perfect for me. Good luck! Jim