Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Toyo Proxes ST3 reviews?

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Hello everyone:

For those that have gotten the Toyo Proxes ST3 how do you like them? The price is extremely attractive, but Im nervous that a cheap tire will lead to hydroplaning and zero traction in snow. Is this a cheap tire or a tire that happens to be cheap? How is snow and rain performance? As long it is as good or just a litle worse than the Pirellis that is good enough for me.

Thanks!

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Shockingly good for the price. Rain performance is excellent. Snow performance sucks but that could be because mine are 305 wide. I bought them solely to make sure a 305/40r22 would fit and I didn't want to be out a ton of money if they didn't. I'm at 20k-ish miles on them and they are wearing very well, run real quiet, and are smooth as butter at 100mph for hours at a time across the Nevada/Utah deserts. I would venture to say I like them BETTER than my Pirellis despite the lower speed rating.

OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Thread Starter #3
Dang, I wanted to get done 305s. How bad are they?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
How bad in the snow? Bad enough that I spent another $4000 on a winter wheel/snow tire package to put on in the winter. They will get going just fine thanks to all wheel drive. They just might not stop when you want them to. Or turn. But I live where it feels like it has snowed at least 1x a week since November, so your conditions may be different.

OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Thread Starter #5
Well, were in Nevada, 2x a week 3 IN at least since November. This is going to complicate things.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Shockingly good for the price. Rain performance is excellent. Snow performance sucks but that could be because mine are 305 wide. I bought them solely to make sure a 305/40r22 would fit and I didn't want to be out a ton of money if they didn't. I'm at 20k-ish miles on them and they are wearing very well, run real quiet, and are smooth as butter at 100mph for hours at a time across the Nevada/Utah deserts. I would venture to say I like them BETTER than my Pirellis despite the lower speed rating.
Yeah that's a long trip accross those deserts! I've got a shimmy at 70-75 mph so it's time to go back to the tire shop and let the kids try balancing them again. I do like the tires though!