Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Too Quiet??

Reactions
What's up with the non existent exhaust note?

Reactions
Sadly that's what most buyers prefer these days. Have you seen the Borla video?

Reactions
borla sounds disappointing.. i’m looking for a 3” turbo back straight pipe.. i miss my old srt.

Reactions
I agree it's too quiet for a performance SUV. Someone on here mentioned Magnaflow has a setup in the works.

Reactions
just heard from a custom exhaust shop that they’re legally not allowed to touch the cats since they are guaranteed for 8 years or something to that effect.. anybody have any info on this? also, i’ll report back here to share their quote on a custom exhaust

Reactions
1000-1200 installed 2.5” aluminized steel straight back from the cats.. 3” wherever it fits.. obviously they need to physically work on the car to tell for sure

Reactions
dropped off the white girl today.. let’s see what a custom exhaust will sound like.. hopefully next week i can provide videos for you guys..

OP
P
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
It’s funny having the only explorer ST around and when people ask “hey rev it I wanna hear the exhaust” the response I always get is, “that’s it??” Lol man we need a general consensus on which exhaust to put on this bad boy!

Reactions
the borla atak sounds like what an st should sound like from the factory.. i’ll let you know in about a week what mine sounds like.. i really gave it some thought and feel like buying a manufacturer’s system for big bucks and then either paying someone to install it or spending a saturday putting it on yourself isn’t worth it.. i’m hoping my decision will pay off when i hear it and turns out to be less by hundreds of dollars.

Reactions
it’s impossible to make a 3 liter V6 sound great but it’s a huge improvement

tc3driver

Reactions
Holy crap... You straight piped it. Awesome... They murder us in Cali for that type of thing (not really)... Sounds a bit raspy, is there any harmonics in the cabin?