Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Too Quiet??

Reactions
it’s really loud when you punch it.. not V8 growl loud, but more like a gt-r sound, if you can believe it.. it’s strange, but i enjoy loud.. i drove quite a bit on the highway on the way home.. coasting at low rpms, you forget there’s a new exhaust system.. so strange that’s there’s no noise and absolutely no drone.. however, barely tap the throttle to pass or speed up, and you can feel the tone in the cabin, even in your chest.. i didn’t mean it for it to be quiet anyway, but i was surprised at how subdued it could be in the right conditions.. also, and this one nobody is going to believe, it sounds like a V10 R8 when you downshift at lower speeds.. i only know this because my cousin used to have one.. it’s very hard to describe but that’s as close as i can get.. it doesn’t pop like a bmw or anything like that.. just the growl it makes reminds me of the R8 automatic downshift.. as the exhaust wears in, i’ll try to post other videos to capture the different tones

Last edited: