Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

To those running a 22x10.5

Reactions
I just put a set on with a 305/40. I absolutely love the look and feel but am mildly annoyed that shit gets kicked up on the side of the car now. Doesn’t help that my ST is white. How does everyone deal with this? Is everyone wiping their car off all of the time?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
If you’re gonna run wide tires, you have to make some concessions. Washing your car more often as one of them.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Do you have the mud flaps? If not - I would highly recommend you jump onboard

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
If you’re gonna run wide tires, you have to make some concessions. Washing your car more often as one of them.
Yeah, that’s what I figured. My main gripe actually has to do with washing the car. I live in north east Florida and we have a subscription car wash here which I use a couple of times a week. The issue now is that the tire treatment they do flings on to the side of the car. Oh well, the look and ride outweighs the extra elbow grease.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah, that’s what I figured. My main gripe actually has to do with washing the car. I live in north east Florida and we have a subscription car wash here which I use a couple of times a week. The issue now is that the tire treatment they do flings on to the side of the car. Oh well, the look and ride outweighs the extra elbow grease.
If it’s a subscription to a tunnel wash…you don’t really like the car anyway. lol

Reactions
There are lots of brands of tire dressings that dry and don’t sling. Please don’t ask me the brands as there are too many of them.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
North east florida..lived there long time
Water is hard and nasty
Get a water softener. Hand wash the car
Got pics of tires sticking out

Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Expl. ST and '24 'Stang GT Prem., Rapid Red
I. too, get mine washed and tire-blacked, but I also ask them to wipe off the excess.. BINGO, no more slinging of tire-black!

How about a pic of your Ex. from the front anf rear, showing how much your tires stick out?