Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tire pressure sensor part number?

Reactions
I've got a set of Velgen CF-5s on the way and some new tires but can't seem to find the tire pressure sensor. I look it up on some sites and it shows
JX7Z1A189A but then it shows them as discontinued on other sites lol. Anyone know the right part number?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I got mine from Tire Rack for $27ea. Ordered the 315MHz model and they worked right out of the box. Didn't even do the relearn, just drove for a while and they synced.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Any 315 MHz sensor will work. They run about $40 a set on eBay. It doesn’t have to be an oem part.

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I went and talked to my buddy and pick up some ford ones. Customer ordered, paid and never picked up lol. Got them for 100$ for all 4.

This is the part number for anyone curious

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You could have had the exact same part for $50-60 cheaper online.

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
You could have had the exact same part for $50-60 cheaper online.
In in Canada, so no, they are 64$ CDN each for the Ford ones online. 25$ each is pretty damn reasonable. Plus if there's an issue, it gets swapped for free vs sending it back to someone. I'm perfectly happy paying that.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
In in Canada, so no, they are 64$ CDN each for the Ford ones online. 25$ each is pretty damn reasonable. Plus if there's an issue, it gets swapped for free vs sending it back to someone. I'm perfectly happy paying that.
What I’m saying is…Ford doesn’t make those parts. You can buy the exact same thing minus the Motorcraft bag for less than 1/2 what you paid on eBay.
I don’t care what anyone blows money on…but I’ll put ways to save money put there when I can.

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
What I’m saying is…Ford doesn’t make those parts. You can buy the exact same thing minus the Motorcraft bag for less than 1/2 what you paid on eBay.
I don’t care what anyone blows money on…but I’ll put ways to save money put there when I can.
Its not half price though, I'm in Canada... Have to pay for shipping, which is 25$ on the cheapest plus having to pay for ebay global tax/duty garbage. It's not the same as you guys in the US.

The cheapest ones come out to 78$ CDN on ebay shipped from the US, after paying and will take 2-3 weeks to get here.
I could get them shipped from China for 43$ but have to wait 4-6 weeks.
Rims are here in 2 days, sensors are in hand. Something to be said for convenience.