Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Timberline Skid plate

kair350

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Ordered Points Thanks!

Reactions
Reordered after they just mysteriously refunded my points and CC payment last week. I originally ordered this back in October.

Excalibur

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I ordered mine with points last November and I'm still waiting.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Anyone who has installed this have any feedback? (Ie weird wind noise, etc)
If zero downside ..aside from adding 15lbs to car..I’m thinking about doing it too. (I have a ‘21 ST)

thanks

Reactions
Zero issues, which is to be expected. Had an oil change knocked out last week with the skid plate on and it was completely uneventful as well.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Zero issues, which is to be expected. Had an oil change knocked out last week with the skid plate on and it was completely uneventful as well.
Thanks.. I’ll pull the trigger on it then.

like your logo, btw. I miss my airbus (now flying the competition NB for rest of my career due to merger)

88lx50

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I ordered mine a month ago with Fordpass points. Still nothing. No answers when I call about it either.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Been on the fence to ordering one. Does this skid plate allow for easier access to the oil pan for oil changes, or do you still need to remove the entire thing when doing an oil change?

88lx50

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Been on the fence to ordering one. Does this skid plate allow for easier access to the oil pan for oil changes, or do you still need to remove the entire thing when doing an oil change?
There is a cutout to access the oil drain plug.

Reactions
Well I got a call from Ford saying the part is backordered till 3rd quarter. At least they confirmed not to cancel the order and I will wait. Seems like such a simple part to b in such short supply hahahaha

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Well I got a call from Ford saying the part is backordered till 3rd quarter. At least they confirmed not to cancel the order and I will wait. Seems like such a simple part to b in such short supply hahahaha
Too funny. I’ve been waiting about six months so far. Ordered then they cancelled out of blue. Ordered again, holding breath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
It only remove the carpeted cover under the oil drain plug.
Hey regarding the trans pan clearance, I have a PPE pan which is about a quarter in lower than oem. Would there be enough clearance for the skid plate?

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
It only remove the carpeted cover under the oil drain plug.
Good to know, thanks. (y)

Explorer ST Posts